Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MY KEY HELP

I have a 2016 Fiesta ST with the Sony radio.....i tried to program it but.to no avail..instructions on manual are confusing..since car has the keyless, it says i need to put key on Back up location..one place shows in ateering wheel where the key is..the other says is in steering column.....the key is oem but was puchased 2.months ago due to original key issues with range...do i need to keys to program this.....how do we clear my keys?? The instructions are mainly for regular fiestas...HELP!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

slopoke

If you are referring to programming a new remote, you need to either take it to a dealer or a locksmith that has the capabilities to do it. If I remember correctly, you can only self program a remote/key combo which the ST does not have.

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
No i refer to prgram key with restrictions..speed restrictions etc..

I have a 2016 Fiesta ST with the Sony radio.....i tried to program it but.to no avail..instructions on manual are confusing..since car has the keyless, it says i need to put key on Back up location..one place shows in ateering wheel where the key is..the other says is in steering column.....the key is oem but was puchased 2.months ago due to original key issues with range...do i need to keys to program this.....how do we clear my keys?? The instructions are mainly for regular fiestas...HELP!!

What have you tried? And what were the results?

DEss

OP
L
Thread Starter #6
Ok..so your main key or admin key cannot have these restrictions..therefor.you need the second key to do that....gotcha

You must take it to the dealership and get a new key. I had the same issue and just got my new key today.