Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My turn for a thread on overheating.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Lots of INTUITs post deleted, ...........
Liar. Just stop.

....... As for running lean one can run lean with absolutely no heat issue but a serious fueling issue it used to happen back in the day not so much with more modern ecu’s and whatnot. Though it is a way to make an engine go boom. Lol .........
Your engine went boom? I though it overheated. Does damage only mean boom? Just stop it.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Liar. Just stop.

Your engine went boom? I though it overheated. Does damage only mean boom? Just stop it.
Liar? Lol I was talking about editing all the stuff you wrote man you seem angry.
I had an overheat once but I did not make a big deal about because I knew the reasons why. There was no damage.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Keep attacking the person and character rather than the points that were actually espoused.
It seems like that is what you are doing. Here by calling me a liar.

I am not doing that and you are severely misinterpreting what has been written. I had to go back and realize that you were not drunk you were assuming stuff that had not happened.
Sorry if I called you drunk when you were not. I do think you need to give it a rest you seem awfully worked up over this. Oh and thats not an attack but a suggestion. Relax.

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #48
who wants an update?

well 3 months later I just picked up my car from the Ford dealer. They installed a brand new long block under warranty. head gasket failed between cyl 2 & 3 is what they noted.

happy to have my car back, it drives good, but has a clunk on start up. I'm going to check all the motor mount bolts soon as I really don't want to drop it off again.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
who wants an update?

well 3 months later I just picked up my car from the Ford dealer. They installed a brand new long block under warranty. head gasket failed between cyl 2 & 3 is what they noted.

happy to have my car back, it drives good, but has a clunk on start up. I'm going to check all the motor mount bolts soon as I really don't want to drop it off again.
3 months? Hopefully they covered a rental for that entire time! What a bunch of meatballs! I'm surprised they just didn't declare long block right away and get it done and back on the Road.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #50
Yes. I had a Jeep loaner covered which is the only reason I didn’t care. Ford wanted to just do a head and the dealer wanted a long block. The dealer won when ford didn’t have any heads available but did have a long block.

also, the total cost from start to finish was $9k or half of what I paid new for the car. So I’m glad this was covered.

ROCKYFiestta

ford quality at its finest. I had an overheat over the summer did the same thing spiked up to max but I was running the ac maxed out and it was 96 degrees outside nothing seems to have happened though I just turned off the ac and kept driving slowly home and it cooled down to normal levels fast once the ac was off. i plan of getting that 180 degree thermostat done this spring before i need the ac again and maybe get a new radiator.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Seems a little odd that it only overheated on A/C max setting. There was a recall for a high speed fan relay.

If Ford paid $9k it sounds like the dealer got over. Almost half of that is probably lot fees from it sitting.

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #53
From all that I’ve read the cooling systems on these cars are ok at best. More capacity of fluid is probably what I would do. I think my car had a defect from new.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I'm sure there's a logical explanation but it seems to be hit or miss. I'm in central Florida with an X47r and even in stop and crawl traffic I never get near overheating. I believe some have found defective stock radiators perhaps pinched off or blocked passageways.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk