Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need help with these codes!

Hi People,

Need help with these codes, been told it’s 100% a boost leak then been told it’s the MAP sensor needing replaced?

I haven’t carried out a smoke test etc yet but just wanting to see what people’s opinions are on it?

It comes in at very random times, you could be driving for 200 and it won’t come on then it will come on when you put the foot down, then sometimes you can drive 20 mile and it comes on like 2 times?

It weird and can’t seem to figure out what it could be, recently fitted a boost gauge and it only came on after this and i’ve put PTFE tape on the threads on the adapter and everything just unsure on what it is.

Attachments

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Where did you tap in for the boost gauge? Right under the map sensor on the intake manifold?? Id double check there and make sure a seal didnt get pinched or torn.

OP
K
Thread Starter #5
Where did you tap in for the boost gauge? Right under the map sensor on the intake manifold?? Id double check there and make sure a seal didnt get pinched or torn.
Yeah as in the hose, the clear hose?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Possibly there, and anything else you had to pull and put back on.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Loose clamps on the intake side. Any bit of unmetered air will make a maf tuned car all sorts of annoyed

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Yeah... Make sure the connectors are still connected... Map sensor is specifically located on top of the intake manifold. Tip sensor is located on your hot side charge pipe. Also check the evap harness, specifically where the end goes, should plug into the very front of your intake manifold.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
If it's loose it could be throwing this code. But, if the map sensor is not too old, it only throws the map sensor code when it's unplugged in my experience

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Alright so I don't have a picture really but it's a hard-line made out of plastic. It's gonna be located drivers side of the engine. In that area the intake usually runs down you'll see it. It comes from the back of the engine where the fuel line comes into the bay and then runs into a check valve that is held onto the head, then runs to your intake and your cold side pipe then finally runs to the front of the intake manifold. When you get home look behind the radiator and in front of the intake manifold you'll see the connection I'm talking about

OP
K
Thread Starter #17
Alright so I don't have a picture really but it's a hard-line made out of plastic. It's gonna be located drivers side of the engine. In that area the intake usually runs down you'll see it. It comes from the back of the engine where the fuel line comes into the bay and then runs into a check valve that is held onto the head, then runs to your intake and your cold side pipe then finally runs to the front of the intake manifold. When you get home look behind the radiator and in front of the intake manifold you'll see the connection I'm talking about

yeah, i’ve took the boost gauge out aswell to see if that was the problem

OP
K
Thread Starter #19
lo

like what i attaches below?