Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need opinions on aftermarket exhaust

PunkST

2000 Post Club
^lol. I think its just bad luck. Or maybe i need to recirculate it and get a bigger turbo.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
OP
Salvaqe
Thread Starter #63
Also I should add it's not a BOV it's a diverter valve.
The stock unit when left alone recirculates air through the system nothing gets blown out in the atmosphere.

Now on my car I have an upgraded unit so the whole unit is replaced. It's a 50/50 unit so some recirculates through the system and some gets blown out in the atmosphere.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
That's useful information to know, I'm basically to the point where I understand what all the car parts are, but not really what they are doing. Appreciate it.

OP
Salvaqe
Thread Starter #64
As well I do too but mine recirculates . You just hear bit of Gobble instead of a huge exhale.
To the OP you will start being able to spot all the cars and trucks that have Turbo’s as you will hear that sound and go oh thats what that is its blowoff valve.
I'm well aware of the sounds a differences haha but I appreciate it. I was asking cause if I'm let's say, shifting between two big trucks on either side of me, it sounds like there's a turbo'd diesel truck shifting gears, so I wasn't sure if it stock would be that aggressive

OP
Salvaqe
Thread Starter #65
I didn't get to mention but the previous owner said that this 2014 model has not been taking in for the head gasket recall, should I be worried?

OP
Salvaqe
Thread Starter #67
Don't have to worry. Take it in for the recall.
Are they taking them in for free? I'm not the type that usually deals with dealerships, and this car is my daily driver so I hope it's something I can work into my schedule soon

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Are they taking them in for free? I'm not the type that usually deals with dealerships, and this car is my daily driver so I hope it's something I can work into my schedule soon
Recalls are at no cost to the owner. Call them first. They'll need the VIN to process it, and you'll want to make sure they have all the parts on hand before you make the appointment.

Eaxactly pure noise maker and nothing else , probably drones like mad on our cars.
Nope not at all. I did a 18" magnaflow cherry bomb, has a deep tone at idle, not obnoxious at wot but has more volume and tone than stock. I'm 50 and have no need for a super loud droning car anymore. I was very pleased for $100 investment over 700 plus for a thermal r&d.