Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need opinions

I need opinions on which rims I should get... I have erased center caps to refrain from brand bias. So please give honest opinions here. Please and thanks ahead of time guys/gals! Rim #1 on top and Rim #2 on bottom...

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
What color car are they going on ?? I tend towards the silverish one myself but the black could look good on the right color car ...

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Well like I said I like the silver one as it looks a bit classy and the Black on Black pretty but not my cup of tea at the moment ..

I would go silver. I like the design just a tad more. But then again it's hard to tell without seeing them on the car.

OP
Speciosusnex
Thread Starter #6
I was leaning towards the silver ones myself, but as you said hot_hatch its hard to decide without seeing them on the car.

TW@

I vote for the polished wheel. Not really a fan of black on black look

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I love the first one, BBS knockoff, I have had many many wheels and lot of them in that design, my favorite one of all time.

BUT, what do they weigh?

I will always ask that as it is more important than the style as the weight and strength, fitment, etc and more critical than what it looks like.....if one is interested in performance first which I consider the ST is a car that deserves that more than anything.

OP
Speciosusnex
Thread Starter #13
I love the first one, BBS knockoff, I have had many many wheels and lot of them in that design, my favorite one of all time.

BUT, what do they weigh?

I will always ask that as it is more important than the style as the weight and strength, fitment, etc and more critical than what it looks like.....if one is interested in performance first which I consider the ST is a car that deserves that more than anything.
They weigh 21.50 lbs. If I do go with this I will probably be powder coating them white.

I like it what is the model?

Thanks.
These are the Sparco Assetto Gara

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Far to heavy, the stock wheels are a bit heavier though and way overweight. If you put light weight wheels on your car you will improve the ride, handling, braking, acceleration and have less stress on the chassis and even the tires, seriously enough you will know it immediately.

I recommend taking your time and consider all this and find the lightest well made decently priced wheels you can if you really want to make your car not just look better but be better:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Tire Rack shows the Sparco at 17.9lbs, a bit heavy for me but far better than the stock or that other wheels weigh, I could live with that if the style suited me and in fact they look similar to my street wheels that are 16.8 lbs.

OP
Speciosusnex
Thread Starter #16
I appreciate the feedback. I am definitely taking all things into consideration. Styling is on the back burner before performance. I am more like the type that says, this may look like Sh**, but this piece of sh** is way ahead of you :)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Great to here!

We have an incredible machine we an have huge fun with whatever our goal is but to me the best part is the performance to cost ratio and making it more personal and better at what it does best......no brainer for me:)

OP
Speciosusnex
Thread Starter #19
Great to here!

We have an incredible machine we an have huge fun with whatever our goal is but to me the best part is the performance to cost ratio and making it more personal and better at what it does best......no brainer for me:)
I completely agree. I love this car more than most of my previous cars. Much more fun to drive!!!