Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 2016 MX5 club edition with forged BBS wheels

Could this be a new lightweight wheel option for FiSTs? 4 bolt, forged 17x7 and takes 205/45/17 tires

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Ugh, this is the car I should have held out for.

Lug spacing would be an applicable number to have. I doubt it's 108mm, but maybe.

The new Miata would have been awesome with about 80 - 100 more horsepower. I am sure it pulls far better than the 155 horsepower would suggest, but considering it puts out less horsepower than a lowly base 2.0L 160 HP Focus and gets worse mileage than the heavier Focus, it is a bit of a puzzle.

It was certainly bold of Mazda to come with a new generation MX-5 with less horsepower than the previous generation. How many car companies have done that in the last 10 years?

I am not a Miata/MX-5 hater as I owned one for 17 years. I guess it is still up to the after market to make them fast, although with 13-1 compression, forced induction will be tricky. Again, how does a engine with 13-1 compression only make 155 horsepower?

And back to the wheels, even if they did fit I am sure they are likely $1000 a wheel being factory parts

Even with only 155hp they can do 5.8-5.9 sec 0-60mph. Not bad for stock. I'm sure the 2332lb curb weight helps.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
These new miata's are sharp looking.. Then you see 155hp and it makes you go ughhh. Haha I love what the car stands for though, you don't need 700hp to have an awesome drivers car.