Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 215/40/17 Advan Fleva V701

I almost bought some but am going with the p-zero nero instead as those advans keep talking about quiet ride and long wearing so i'm worried they are geared more towards touring and I drive far too aggressively for that (I should get the direzzas or r-comps but I do a lot of road trips as well, my current federal rsr are a disappointment in grip and noise, I know I am stepping down in grip... or am I?)... also are listed as ultra high performance instead of max performance... hopefully I chose well, time will tell!

Business6

UHP summer will be more than enough for most people here but it just depends on what you're using them for.

They do make that tire in some other interesting sizes. Noticed that their 205/45/16 is an absolutely insane 17lbs!

Looking at these to pair with some Ultraleggera 15x7. 205/50R15 weigh in at 18lbs (-1lb from oem). the OZ Ultras are 12lbs (-10.5lbs from oem) making a 30lb combo. That's -11.5lbs unsprung!!:p 12.5lbs up front after ditching those 1lb weights on the struts. Already did a rear seat delete and the full spare will be outta there soon (~80lbs). So ~48lbs drop unsprung and losing some of that dead weight interior stuff should be very noticeable. Some math on the 205/50 at 23" OD vs oem RE050 summers at 23.4" will net only a +17mile error over 1000 actual. Also be nice to know I can go as low as I like without any clearance issues.:cool:

This article has me pretty damned motivated and excited! Especially neat is the part stating every pound of unsprung weight reduction is equivalent to 6~10 lbs of overall sprung in your typical street car. I calculate My FiST should feel 464lbs lighter:ROFLMAO:

Anyways, I'll apologize and shut up since this thread is about a certain tire, not putting the car on a diet:p

https://suspensionspot.com/blogs/news/improve-your-track-car-reducing-unsprung-weight

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I was wondering how they managed to trim 4 lbs from the S Drive. It looks like the tread width is almost an inch narrower (6.6 vs 7.4)

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I just put on a set of 4 of those new Yokohama's. As kona16 said, the S-Drive is done. I had 2 5/32" S-Drives and when we went to order 2 more from Yokohama they told us they were discontinued and that the Fleva V701 was the replacement tire for it. I got them in the standard 205/40R17 size though as there is little benefit on the street to a wider tire and I have a track set of wheels with some dedicated track compound tires on them. I just had Discount Tire install them yesterday so no updates yet as to any differences compared to the S-Drives.

Last edited:
8.3 section and 6.9 tread on the 205/50/15. Going for a meaty tire look on some helium-filled 15x7s and likely some Swifts, turning my car into a roller skate. Might need to go lower with other springs tho.

I just put on a set of 4 of those new Yokohama's. As kona16 said, the S-Drive is done. I had 2 5/32" S-Drives and when we went to order 2 more from Yokohama they told us they were discontinued and that the Fleva V701 was the replacement tire for it. I got them in the standard 205/45R17 size though as there is little benefit on the street to a wider tire and I have a track set of wheels with some dedicated track compound tires on them. I just had Discount Tire install them yesterday so no updates yet as to any differences compared to the S-Drives.
Any update on those Yokos? Found them in 205/45/r16 for $95 a pop on walmart.com had to pull the trigger. Can't wait to throw them on my new Dekagrams!!

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Any update on those Yokos? Found them in 205/45/r16 for $95 a pop on walmart.com had to pull the trigger. Can't wait to throw them on my new Dekagrams!!
I've enjoyed them. The seem solid to me. No issues, good grip and wear so far although I don't drive a lot of miles in a year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just got the Flevas installed in the stock size. I will post a review once I get a chance to really test them out (damn cornonavirus!)
B9A23432-4DA0-48BE-9553-AA821B5F77D3.jpeg

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I just got the Flevas installed in the stock size.
Where did you get them? I don't see them listed in the stock size on Tire Rack. I had their predecessor, the S.drive, on my other car and they were quite good tires. They had a very good turn in and crisp steering response, although the ride was correspondingly quite hard.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Where did you get them? I don't see them listed in the stock size on Tire Rack. I had their predecessor, the S.drive, on my other car and they were quite good tires. They had a very good turn in and crisp steering response, although the ride was correspondingly quite hard.
I got mine at discount and yes they are the replacement for the S-drive.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't see a 205/40-17 listed on Tire Rack at all, is everyone getting their factory size replacements in these at DTD and elsewhere (like Wally's, etc.)??

Another reason I cannot stand dealing with Tire Rack (despite their support/backing/sponsorship of grassroots type motorsports so many on here, and elsewhere, imbibe in).

They just refuse to carry sizes that don't FLY off of their racks like massive swarms of starlings or bats, even in tire models which they do carry in many other sizes, let alone the models which they outright refuse to carry, or the ones which they demand 'exclusives' on from the manufacturers (i.e.; Dunlop Direzza D2s/3s). [mad]

Last edited:
I got mine at discount and yes they are the replacement for the S-drive.

Same. Had to call Discount Tire Direct. They had to pull them from their whole seller because they did not carry our stock size in their inventory. Took two weeks to ship out to me by I was not in a rush so I did not care.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Same. Had to call Discount Tire Direct. They had to pull them from their whole seller because they did not carry our stock size in their inventory. Took two weeks to ship out to me by I was not in a rush so I did not care.
Mine had to order then too but only because they were brand new at the time as the S-drive was just discontinued and the Fleva was just announced as the replacement.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Will 215/40R17 rub on our cars?
I cannot speak to the slammed (or even the 'mildly' lowered) cars on here, but on the fully factory suspension, my 17x8 42ET Pro Race 1.2s with 215/40-17 RSRRs (about a 7.8" tread width) do not rub at all, anywhere, under any conditions. [:)] [thumb]

Last edited:
I cannot speak to the slammed (or even the 'mildly' lowered) cars on here, but on the fully factory suspension, my 17x8 42ET Pro Race 1.2s with 215/40-17 RSRRs do not rub at all, anywhere, under any conditions. [:)] [thumb]
Thanks, good to know! I was looking for some 15 spoke SVT wheels or Dekagrams, and finding any of those for sale is like trying to find a pen from 1000ft up. There seem to be a much better and broader selection of tires 215/40R17. I'm just going to buy a set for my stockers.