Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New car new codes

I’ve got a 2015 Fiesta ST new to me. It’s fully stock except an high flow air filter. I’ve got a 93 pop tune from dizzy, the other day I had these codes pop up I cleared them on my Cobb a few days ago then today they popped up again. Wondering if anyone knows what’s really causing them and what the extent is if it’s just sensors or something serious etc. Please let me know. Thank you guys

Attachments

SteveS

1000 Post Club
P0217 is overheating. There should have been a lot more than just a code if that was happening, i.e. the engine was overheating, temp gauge flashing, steam coming out, etc.
P0420 has to do with catalytic convertor not working right. Could come from problems with cat, O2 sensors, or from your tune. Pop tune sends unburned fuel into the exhaust, which could overload the cat.
P0454 is an evaporative emissions pressure loss code. There's all kinds of things that can cause that. But one is killing the evap canister by topping off when fueling.

OP
Landon Decker
Thread Starter #3
P0217 is overheating. There should have been a lot more than just a code if that was happening, i.e. the engine was overheating, temp gauge flashing, steam coming out, etc.
P0420 has to do with catalytic convertor not working right. Could come from problems with cat, O2 sensors, or from your tune. Pop tune sends unburned fuel into the exhaust, which could overload the cat.
P0454 is an evaporative emissions pressure loss code. There's all kinds of things that can cause that. But one is killing the evap canister by topping off when fueling.
Ive had overhheating before but when I got that code I hadnt overheated anything for like a few days no temp gauge flash nothing everything looked good. It just comes on even in the morning even after it sitting all night. Is their any common fixes for the other 2?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I'd suggest you google the codes. Just type the code itself into a search. You'll find several articles at the top of the results. Read them and develop a diagnostic plan based on what it says. The evaporative one can be a bad canister, a leaking hose, a number of things. A smoke tester is used to find leaks. The catalytic converter one you might try using a non-pop tune. Or stock tune.
Overheating you would watch for overheating. If the code comes back without the temperature actually going up, then look into sensor issues.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
are you 100% sure it's a stock downpipe? I wouldn't take the sellers word for it. They likely cleared codes and sent the car on it's way. Take pictures underneath and post them up.

OP
Landon Decker
Thread Starter #6
are you 100% sure it's a stock downpipe? I wouldn't take the sellers word for it. They likely cleared codes and sent the car on it's way. Take pictures underneath and post them up.
It was from my dads dealership everything on it was legit and looked over. I just got another code my pop tune sounded a lot louder today then sure enough my check engine light came back on with a P061A code

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
It's possible someone gutted the downpipe. I'd go back to a stock tune and see if the car behaves better.