Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New from Utah - Dual purpose Rallycross and Autocross car

Hello All,

New Member living near Salt Lake City and originally from Chicago. Recently purchased my 2016 Fiesta ST to setup as a Rallycross car while still sneaking in some Autocross and mild track days.

I was looking for a car I can have fun in that was more practical than my previous BRZ. Not going to go crazy modding, wanted a throw tires on and drive vehicle. So far so good except for racing being delayed this spring.

Instagram is Asidrive if you care to follow.

Proof of life:

Rare Clean Photo

My plans...Im quite hard on cars but feel a fun car isnt worth having if not taken to the limit.

Business6

Hell yeah, dude has actually rallied a BRZ. I don't think I've seen that before, lol

Welcome! I'll have to try to make it out to some of the scca events this year and see if I can get a ride with you or another FiST driver. I blew an engine 10 years ago (well, my co-driver did) out at Miller when autocrossing and haven't mustered up the courage to do it again.

OP
asidrive
Thread Starter #6
Hell yeah, dude has actually rallied a BRZ. I don't think I've seen that before, lol

Welcome! I'll have to try to make it out to some of the scca events this year and see if I can get a ride with you or another FiST driver. I blew an engine 10 years ago (well, my co-driver did) out at Miller when autocrossing and haven't mustered up the courage to do it again.
heck yeah, just ask for a ride if you show up to an event and see me. Always willing to give ridealongs and maybe get you hooked again.

Welcome! My first RallyX was last year and I'm hoping to do more this year. Josh was nice enough to let me borrow his car.

1585156842386.png

And here's the current project. Currently it's being stripped and we're putting in a half cage. The plan is to run a 22e/251 hybrid.
1585156898004.png

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There is a crew (I believe out of Dirtfish in the PACWEST) on the ARA circuit using a prepped BRZ/FRS for actual STAGE rallying, in the Open 2WD class, full cage and all.[driving] [thumb]

I know, as I have started them MANY times in the past two years. [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS! [thumb]

Sadly, Method no longer makes wheels for these cars, as JDG on here (who also is heavily into SCCA Rallycross), and myself grabbed up the very last remaining MR501VTs in our bolt pattern/app which they did at one time produce. [:(]

You will have to use either some Speedline Corse 2128s, Braid Acropolis, TD Pro Rally (IF you can find them!), or some Sparco Terras, which are not quite as strong as the rest above, but still OK for courses which are not totally bombed-out. [wink]

OP
asidrive
Thread Starter #12
Welcome! My first RallyX was last year and I'm hoping to do more this year. Josh was nice enough to let me borrow his car.
Nice! I must have talked to you at some point at the challenge, I know I talked to Josh. Hope to see you both out when the season actually starts.