Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new goodies on the site and more on the way

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
A lot of vendors put really high prices on stuff when they initially go live, while they work out the formatting/inventory/etc. The above poster probably visited the site immediately as the products went live. Insane prices are used so nobody goes through checkout while you are still trying to sort out item details. It's a common practice.

A lot of vendors put really high prices on stuff when they initially go live, while they work out the formatting/inventory/etc. The above poster probably visited the site immediately as the products went live. Insane prices are used so nobody goes through checkout while you are still trying to sort out item details. It's a common practice.
No that's definitely not it. all the prices in his picture correspond to taiwanese currency. My guess is that @its_stock used to browse in USD currency as do I but somehow now the site seems to take IP localisation over user prefered saved localisation.

@ron@whoosh did a change occur in how the currency is chosen on your site? I used to browse in CAD in Edge and USD in Chrome but now no matter what cache and cookie clearing I do, it's alway in CAD in both browsers and there's no way to change it

Also, it's really confusing to not have the currency displayed anywhere. Any chance to do something about that? Thanks!

dhminer

2000 Post Club
No that's definitely not it. all the prices in his picture correspond to taiwanese currency. My guess is that @its_stock used to browse in USD currency as do I but somehow now the site seems to take IP localisation over user prefered saved localisation.

@ron@whoosh did a change occur in how the currency is chosen on your site? I used to browse in CAD in Edge and USD in Chrome but now no matter what cache and cookie clearing I do, it's alway in CAD in both browsers and there's no way to change it

Also, it's really confusing to not have the currency displayed anywhere. Any chance to do something about that? Thanks!
All Shopify sites will use your IP to determine what prices to show. VPNs often make it go haywire.

All Shopify sites will use your IP to determine what prices to show. VPNs often make it go haywire.
Yeah but before, when first arriving on the site after a cache/cookie clear, you could choose the country to display the currency for. Like I said, I set to have USD on my chrome browser and CAD on edge. I prefer to have and pay in USD as I have an internation CC which doesn't charge currency converting fees. And the currency converting on the website clearly has a 2 to 2.5% included fee.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #753
Yeah but before, when first arriving on the site after a cache/cookie clear, you could choose the country to display the currency for. Like I said, I set to have USD on my chrome browser and CAD on edge. I prefer to have and pay in USD as I have an internation CC which doesn't charge currency converting fees. And the currency converting on the website clearly has a 2 to 2.5% included fee.
long story - we changed it to auto select based on location
we receive an unreal amount of international inquiries asking if the site is in USD or their respective currency

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
long story - we changed it to auto select based on location
we receive an unreal amount of international inquiries asking if the site is in USD or their respective currency
So folks with VPN's might see currencies from foreign countries?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ron; you've seen them both up close and personal.

How do these stack up against the current gold standard offered, the Pro Alloy units??
(They look like they could be made in the very same factory, why I ask. [wink])

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #759
Ron; you've seen them both up close and personal.

How do these stack up against the current gold standard offered, the Pro Alloy units??
(They look like they could be made in the very same factory, why I ask. [wink])
hate to admit it but the Airtec is as good if not better fit / finish and the cap is by far superior compared to the Pro Alloy cap choice
not to mention the Airtec costs about $100 less