Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new goodies on the site and more on the way

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

No, and yes.

The centering pieces won't fit inside the pierce bolting cups. What you'll have to do is make some spacer to get the chambered center, which normaly is used for the bolt big washer, flush to the outer edge. Then the pierce bolting cups will sit flat on those spacers/edge. If you try to bolt the bar without some spacers, you won't have a good strong mating surface between the centering kit and the bar cups.
View attachment 55805
I think I spoke too soon. I just realized that the front cups of the bar that are fastened with the lower control arm bolt will be offset down by the thickness of the centering piece (so approx, 3/8") and I don't think there's enough room to offset the bolt in the cup as it's also a flanged bolt. My bad if someone bought a kit thinking this could fit together without issue.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I am guessing that this is the next step for guys who have already done injectors and high pressure pump?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Any benefit of these over stock?
cant speak to the metal composition but generally the anti corrosion coatings keep the non braking surfaces from rusting and looking like crap. I ran some zinc coated rotors a while back on another car and it did stop or at least severely slow rust forming on the areas the pads dont wipe clean

Dialcaliper

cant speak to the metal composition but generally the anti corrosion coatings keep the non braking surfaces from rusting and looking like crap. I ran some zinc coated rotors a while back on another car and it did stop or at least severely slow rust forming on the areas the pads dont wipe clean
Mostly cosmetic to prevent rust buildup (which doesn’t hurt function unless you’ve got extreme road salt in your area). The metal is usually similar to other “high carbon” cast iron rotors.

One note is that coated rotors used in aggressive track situations (high temp, track pads), the coating can “craze” or develop what looks like spider-web fractures in the coating. This is not really a problem unless the coating actually starts coming off. But it can make it more difficult to spot an actual crack in the rotor in the unlikely situation that actually happens.