Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new goodies on the site and more on the way

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Magnetic

38mm pistons is good news. For anyone who cares, looking at the 285mm rotor size option (since that what I care about) that puts clamping force within 1% of OEM calipers (good news!) and brake torque within 2% of OEM (since rotor is slightly larger). This means with the SVT rear rotors you can get a nice brake balance since you don't add a ton of front bias like some other kits.

I am still a bit curious as to the manufacturer though :)

Can you give us ballpark pricing on replacement rotors (complete and friction material only?). Would you say it will be easy to get replacement parts for rebuilds (pistons, seals, stainless hard lines, etc)?

Do the calipers have dust boots?

Can you link an example of a P41S brake pad (couldn't find anything with a quick google search)? I'd like to compare friction surface to OEM as well as pad options.

Are the caliper brackets aluminum or steel alloy?

Sorry for all the questions; I am excited. Thanks!!!

Edit: Any chance for a fitment template in the near future? If not, for a discount, I can CAD model them after fitment and create a template for you (hehe lol).
Did you ever find out any info on the friction surface VS OEM?

Magnetic

I have part numbers for other pads if you want them.
I'm interested in the Whoosh BBK but was curious to know how much more surface area it has vs stock. But yeah I'll take the part #'s since I'm going to pull the trigger on a BBK kit soon.

Thanks!

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I'm interested in the Whoosh BBK but was curious to know how much more surface area it has vs stock. But yeah I'll take the part #'s since I'm going to pull the trigger on a BBK kit soon.

Thanks!
DP41377R - EBC Brakes Yellowstuff
DP51377NDX - EBC Brakes Bluestuff

Email Ron as I believe he has both in stock. Good price too!

Love the idea of the intake manifold, I saw the pictures and listing on your sight as well. I’m a little concerned about the smoothness of the inside, since it looks printed. Any interior pictures or information so we all know it isn’t wavy inside too would be great!

^^It can always be ported/polished, but yeah, yet another $500.00+ labor (unless you DIY) on top of an already co$tly part. [:(]
It’s already overpriced as much as it hate to say it. What has been a plus for the fiesta I think is it’s relatively inexpensive to add some go fast parts. The dollar per whp for this seems crazy to me, but I guess you can do that when that’s the ONLY option. Now if they had integrated aux injection options then that would be something worth paying just about the price of a turbo for. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s awesome we have this available now, but it should be under $1,000 IMO 🤷🏻‍♂️.

It’s already overpriced as much as it hate to say it. What has been a plus for the fiesta I think is it’s relatively inexpensive to add some go fast parts. The dollar per whp for this seems crazy to me, but I guess you can do that when that’s the ONLY option. Now if they had integrated aux injection options then that would be something worth paying just about the price of a turbo for. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s awesome we have this available now, but it should be under $1,000 IMO 🤷🏻‍♂️.
I can agree on that if they added aux ports then it would be worth that but till then I'm plenty happy with what came stock

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Economies of scale and ease of production are not there. These will sell for sure.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Props to the brave souls that buy into this terrible bang for buck. 1,200 for a possible 10hp? Even if running one with an s280 and maaaybe gaining double that, it's still not worth it. But if you have the money and every HP counts, it's great that the option exists. It's also pretty so show cars line up!

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
This is also so expensive because the r&d for this part was almost 5 years. This things been on my mind for a while. I even sent them an email for one 2 years back and was told it was still in development. This company also makes intake manifolds for the old duratecs so their well tested in the rally scene. It's also billet and since billet is in the name it's gotta be at least 1k... Side note to Ron and if you don't get back on here I'll just shoot you an email cuz I know your hella busy always, will they port match these to fit an rs intake manifold? This is one of the things I've been interested in for a while cuz if our platform could fit larger throttle bodies we may be able to fit in more air on the intake pump at least for those of us who have ported heads. Even if they don't I may just buy this cuz it's beautiful.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

This is also so expensive because the r&d for this part was almost 5 years. This things been on my mind for a while. I even sent them an email for one 2 years back and was told it was still in development. This company also makes intake manifolds for the old duratecs so their well tested in the rally scene. It's also billet and since billet is in the name it's gotta be at least 1k... Side note to Ron and if you don't get back on here I'll just shoot you an email cuz I know your hella busy always, will they port match these to fit an rs intake manifold? This is one of the things I've been interested in for a while cuz if our platform could fit larger throttle bodies we may be able to fit in more air on the intake pump at least for those of us who have ported heads. Even if they don't I may just buy this cuz it's beautiful.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk
I get it took a while to “make”, but how long it took them shouldn’t cost more for the consumer. They spent this long with r&d but couldn’t provide much data on how it performs? Why did they not spend one of those 5 years testing out aux fuel port options, larger throttle bodies and so forth. Is this 100% a copy of the factory, if so then why do we want this? What’s different other then the materials used? ANY information Ron?

Magnetic

I for one appreciate the effort that's made for us to have parts like this. It might be a bit of a sticker shock at face value but the option is there. Custom pieces like this probably aren't easy to make. Then there's the fact that the OEM one seems to be plastic which probably wont last as long as this piece here. I also wonder if the fact that it's metal doesn't allow for expansion which equals quicker boost? (I dont know if the OEM one even expands but logically the heat and plastic under pressure might expand) I don't know what effect the metal getting warm will have on air temperatures or how warm it gets. It's on my list when I get to that point.

Can aluminum be tapped for AUX fuel/injector? (not very familiar with aux fuel yet)