Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New guy on the forum from AK!

Hey guys! I've been browsing fiestast.org forums for a while now and have a intro there but decided to also start browsing here as well. & I figure, why not add an intro post on the fiestastforum.com?!

My story starts with I wasn't really involved with cars when I was growing up.. I would glue my eyes to a computer screen playing WoW, call of duty, diablo 3, league of legends. (hence why my vision is pretty bad. I'm only 19)
It wasn't until I got in the car with my dad in his 2007 civic SI. Wow. I really love that car. It's my dream for me to own that car once he's done toying with it.. every time I sit in the passenger seat, I get so excited to go somewhere because the way he drives & the way the car drives.. I wanted to be fast... I fell in love and had a dream that I'll own a car like his someday.

Whenever he bought some mods for his car, my brother & I would help, as well as learn many things about his car and well, cars in general. I'm still not car/mod smart, so I don't know anything about tuning etc. But hey I know how to change my oil :p
Anyways, my first vehicle was a 97 F-150. I loved my truck, she ran like a dream, but the mpg was a killer. I really wanted a car. And as of now, she sits in my yard used as a 'trip to the dumpster' truck. (has a canopy)

My first real car that I bought was a 1989 honda civic wagovan. and damn it was slow. It was a family project with my brother & dad. We never planned on putting a turbo or vtec or any of that cool stuff. but had swapped it with a 93 del sol because the stock motor finally gave at 164k miles. (blew a ring.. ouch) we only bought her for $420, and recently sold her for $3000. She turned so many necks, I loved that car. plus it was the vehicle that taught me how to drive stick.

Pic:

She sat on the side of my house for a while because we didn't plan on driving her after the swap. We wanted to sell her because it seemed every time I had a day off, there was something that needed a repair. During that time, I graduated high school (may 2014) & my mom surprised me by telling me that she would co-sign me for a new car for my graduation gift. I'm not a spoiled snobby kid that gets everything he wants. But after a rough financial downfall recently in our family, I've been working full-time & giving 80% of my paycheck to my parents to help pay the bills.
After hearing this, my dad & I went off car shopping!
We've been researching cars for a month or so and saw that the new mazda3 was an option for me. so we set off on a testdrive and wow so much better then my wagon! Sadly the dealer didn't even want to counteroffer so goodbye mazda!

We then drove around a used car lot. They didn't have anything worth looking at but they had a brz. I really liked how they look but RWD during the alaska winters would kill me.
Later on, I test drove an AWD turbo mini cooper (used) & wow. I loved it.. this go-cart car was just so fun to drive, I loved how it drives, how fast it was, the turning, all the works. But I haven't test drove much other vehicles to finally make my decision.
It wasn't until I looked on youtube at car reviews and looked at the Fiesta ST. the reviewer (2theredline) made a pretty clear depth review that really made me want the car. so the next day after my dad got off work, we went to Ford and test drove a Fiesta ST. I ended up driving off the lot with a ST that had 33 miles a few hours later.
I never looked at the FoST because they didn't have one in stock. I really wish I had test driven one though..
But I have no regrets. I love the FiST and the community on the forums. Thank you all!

Sorry for the wall of text! but I enjoy writing long paragraphs sometimes!

Heres the best part for last!
Enjoy!
Pics:
after the test drive:

Sneaked in the detailing room, watching her getting detailed:

Walking out the dealership, with my FiST waiting for me :)

Me with FieSTy!

& a really neat pic of me and FieSTy

"It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to better yourself."

Only mods are cosmetics.
-debadged
-Fiesta ST all weather floor mats
-Passenger wiper fix

future mods im looking into right now in the future are
-tinted windows
-cobb accessport