Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Maverick

Did any of you get an e mail about the big Maverick reveal?
That was the 1st car I owned, 73 - 2 door , Ford Blue , with a 302 in it. So I can't wait to see what they've done. Around here a lot of drag racers try to get a hold of these because the 1 I had was like driving a freaking tank.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
It's a mini truck, smaller than current Ranger. Supposedly coming with a hybrid option to get up to 40mpg.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That takes the wind outta my sails. I was hoping they were going back old school.
Ford will not make any more cars until the road tank worshiping U.S general public starts actually demanding them.

Given the ongoing hybridization/electrification of those said tanks, that appears to be something which will NEVER happen. [mad] [:(]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I believe a small truck is a good idea. Definitely not a tank will probably have a lower weight than a BMW 3 series.

A hybrid Honda Ridgeline would be nice to.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
My next vehicle will probably be a wagon. A 54-in long bed is not going to cut it.

I believe it will do very well.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
My next vehicle will probably be a wagon. A 54-in long bed is not going to cut it.

I believe it will do very well.

This truck is good for construction workers that just need a cheap truck for commuting. Good gas mileage, ground clearance and a place to put dirty tools and boots. I wouldn't expect much else out of it, personally.

If I needed a truck for the bed I'd probably buy a full size V6.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
^^STILL way too big and heavy for a 'compact' pickup, albeit quite 'functional'. [:(]

Of course, they refuse to offer a standard, lighter, less optioned out, two door cab with a manual, or the FoST engine with AWD and a manual. [mad]
Ya fuck all this crew cab only BS give me a small truck with a regular cab or go home. The truck is not meant to carry 4 or 5 people. Its meant to haul shit.

This is what the Ranger should have been and should sell like hotcakes...but I agree that the crew cab only is BS!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What's next, the Pinto? or how about a mustang 2?
I did own a maverick so I shouldn't make to much fun of it.
it looked nothing like the newer model. lol.
When people 'do up' the Mavericks in modded for handling/performance 'pro touring' form, with suspension, nice wheels, and a Coyote V-8 stuffed under the hood, they are SWEET! [thumb] [driving]

joesiris

i got the email (2 of them) the first had me thinking they were going to do a "maverick" not a truck with the nameplate. another mustang mach E, or eclipse cross. Why couldn't they just call it something else. I agree with Skold, this could have been the ranger, like i feel about the new release of the GR 86 ( the way it looks more like the old supra than the new supra does)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
i got the email (2 of them) the first had me thinking they were going to do a "maverick" not a truck with the nameplate. another mustang mach E, or eclipse cross. Why couldn't they just call it something else. I agree with Skold, this could have been the ranger, like i feel about the new release of the GR 86 ( the way it looks more like the old supra than the new supra does)
The GR86 looks better than its new Suburu counterpart. I actually like it. Hmmm is there a trend here? :LOL:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
The ranger comes with an extended cab and you can still get a full size truck in a single cab. The crew cab doesn't really bother me, I think it's more of a crossover with the back cut off. It's still unique in that it has an open bed and gets good MPG's. Anyone that buys this anticipating to do some serious hauling doesn't have their head screwed on tight. The base model is FWD which isn't really ideal for loading the bed and I doubt it's going to have a leaf spring suspension like the old ranger did.

The option for a longer bed would be nice, but if hauling is my objective I really think there are better alternatives than a mini-truck.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The ranger comes with an extended cab and you can still get a full size truck in a single cab. The crew cab doesn't really bother me, I think it's more of a crossover with the back cut off. It's still unique in that it has an open bed and gets good MPG's. Anyone that buys this anticipating to do some serious hauling doesn't have their head screwed on tight. The base model is FWD which isn't really ideal for loading the bed and I doubt it's going to have a leaf spring suspension like the old ranger did.

The option for a longer bed would be nice, but if hauling is my objective I really think there are better alternatives than a mini-truck.
Well I do not know about the hauling part . Even back in the day with the Datsun and Toyota Mini trucks which were probably smaller than this people still hauled stuff. lol To say you cannot haul stuff with it just because its a smaller truck hmmm big truck syndrome here?

You should see the little trucks in Japan that haul shit . Or even in Europe for that fact take a look a Ford Transit van its basically a Fiesta with a Van section attached to it.

As far as it being FWD it sounds like they are basing it off the Transit heritage hence maybe why they call it a Maverick. But to dismiss it from being able still haul things is kinda of selling one short. People hauled stuff with station wagons as well.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ok so going and reading up on it I can even speak more about it. Ya the base comes with a FoST engine. LOL thats gonna rip.
You can also get it with a 2.5 liter hybrid which should appeal to a lot of people. Also its available in AWD.
I could say one could haul stuff with that. No its not going to carry 1000lbs of bricks but it can still haul stuff.
Again back in the day the Datsun‘s and Toyota’s came with 1800cc 4 cylinders putting out around 100 hp 100 ft lbs torque. Hell my old 90 Nissan Hardbody only pumped out 155 ft lbs of torque and 150HP out of a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder and ya I could haul shit in that mini truck.