Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Maverick

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The base is a hybrid. I believe the payload is 1,500 lb. Towing capacity 2,000 lb front-wheel drive, 4,000 pounds all wheel drive. Hybrid CVT transmission obviously, 2.0 turbo 8-speed automatic.

"A hybrid powertrain and front-wheel drive are standard, targeting 40 mpg in the city, though a nonhybrid turbocharged 2.0-liter is also an option and can be equipped with all-wheel drive."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ca...36659980/2022-ford-maverick-build-spec-price/

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The base is a hybrid.

"A hybrid powertrain and front-wheel drive are standard, targeting 40 mpg in the city, though a nonhybrid turbocharged 2.0-liter is also an option and can be equipped with all-wheel drive."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ca...36659980/2022-ford-maverick-build-spec-price/

Interesting cnet had it with 2 liter ecoboost. Though I put more faith in Car and Driver.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The cringe worthy commercial that Ford made advertises it as hybrid base model. I guess that's the selling point.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ok read some more its the base 4x4 version that gets the Ecoboost 2 liter which they are also using in the Bronco Sport lol look at Ford putting the old FoST engine to use.

So its based on a crossover chassis basically an Escape chassis so ya its not a heavy duty hauler but it will still be able to haul stuff but its rated to 3/4 of a ton. It starts at just under 20k with that base hybrid and FWD . They are aiming it at Hyundai’s new mini truck based off a crossover. I bet they will sell a lot of these.

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Well I do not know about the hauling part . Even back in the day with the Datsun and Toyota Mini trucks which were probably smaller than this people still hauled stuff. lol To say you cannot haul stuff with it just because its a smaller truck hmmm big truck syndrome here?

You should see the little trucks in Japan that haul shit . Or even in Europe for that fact take a look a Ford Transit van its basically a Fiesta with a Van section attached to it.

As far as it being FWD it sounds like they are basing it off the Transit heritage hence maybe why they call it a Maverick. But to dismiss it from being able still haul things is kinda of selling one short. People hauled stuff with station wagons as well.
I didn't say it couldn't haul, I said there are better alternatives if hauling is the primary purpose. We started our gardening business out of our minivan and that ranger. It worked for a while, probably could still work (I guess), but our Ram Promaster is better for a multitude of reasons. It just hauls more, more easily.

I drove a 97 ranger single cab 2.3 with a 5 speed for many years. I packed that thing to the gills several times with flooring, mulch, soil, junk, etc. Every scenario I can think of would have been better with a larger truck with an automatic transmission, but it was cheap to own and maintain. I think the maverick will make a good fleet vehicle, and a versatile, cheap commuter.