Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member Octane Academy car

Hello all,

just thought I’d introduce myself. I had a 2018 focus ST that I owned for maybe 9 months.

During that time, I made it to Octane Academy, which was an abolished BLAST.

When I got the email they were selling the cars and they were literally 35min from my house, I had to go for it.

So let me introduce #15:

Attachments

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Nice and congrats. Welcome, I almost bought one myself , I totally could have done it except I am on the west coast and by the time shipping and tax got involved It would have been at if not over 10k.
If they had still be in Utah I would have bought it jumped on a plane and drove it home.
I could justify two FiST’s only if the second one was at the cost they were selling them for without the added expenses. Otherwise there are other cars I want.
Great score though for you.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
CONGRATS! [thumb]

Did all of these have the factory suspension on them?

Do they put the hydraulic handbrake (some had these installed, correct?) back to stock before selling them?

OP
O
Thread Starter #4
Stock everything except the wilwood caliper setup for the handbrake, and roll cage, and 4 point harnesses.

The AC compressor is unplugged and it’s missing the hard lines. So if I want that I have to do a little work to get that back together.
Mine has 9500 miles on it and I have detailed records of everything that’s been done to it since it was new.

I’m super pumped about it

CONGRATS! [thumb]

Did all of these have the factory suspension on them?

Do they put the hydraulic handbrake (some had these installed, correct?) back to stock before selling them?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine.

But what about the display? They were 'dead' in all the cars. Did they bring it back to life?

If that compressor wasn't capped off, that's another $800? if you want AC.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
O
Thread Starter #6
Everything functions, got my phone hooked up to it. It even has heated seats!
Welcome to the machine.

But what about the display? They were 'dead' in all the cars. Did they bring it back to life?

If that compressor wasn't capped off, that's another $800? if you want AC.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Stock everything except the wilwood caliper setup for the handbrake, and roll cage, and 4 point harnesses.

The AC compressor is unplugged and it’s missing the hard lines. So if I want that I have to do a little work to get that back together.
Mine has 9500 miles on it and I have detailed records of everything that’s been done to it since it was new.

I forgot that they had full cages in them!

I would definitely dump the whole AC system, gut it (or semi gut it), put racing shell seats in it, racing steering wheel, and turn that into either a; time trial/time attack/hillclimb/open track car, or a stage rally car. [wink] [driving]

Last edited:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club

I just finished gutting the AC from my track car, PM me with whatever you need.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I thought hard about running out to NC to get one of those. Shouldn't have thought so much because by the time I called they were all gone. And now I just saw on facebook that a new road course is being built about 20 miles away from me. :mad:

Business6

Hell yeah, that's an awesome grab! Welcome to the club! You'll have to detail your racing adventures with it.

OP
O
Thread Starter #16
I'm in NH. And no I already sold the full Recaro set. I'll also be pulling almost all the interior if you need pieces.
I’d hate to pay shipping, but I’m looking for a spare tire setup too. Since I’ll be driving it on the road as well.

Octane14

Hello all,

just thought I’d introduce myself. I had a 2018 focus ST that I owned for maybe 9 months.

During that time, I made it to Octane Academy, which was an abolished BLAST.

When I got the email they were selling the cars and they were literally 35min from my house, I had to go for it.

So let me introduce #15:
Hello,

Sorry to borrow your name but I couldn't help myself. I drove your car on the track portion in 2018 when I was invited to Utah for buying a Focus ST.

I ended up buying #14. Looks like my AC is intact but I haven't tested it yet. Did you have to ask for the detailed service record?

Attachments