Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New OEM psmm and driver side motor mount for power flex engine mount inserts

So pretty much the title, but I was searching the FiST forums because I’m planning on getting the power flex upper engine inserts and am getting a whoosh RMM. I saw many people on the forums talking about how they were getting new OEM engine mounts for the inserts because they found great results with it and said the mounts cost them $90 shipped but when I tried to find the OEM mounts, the psmm was $150. Am I looking at the wrong mounts or did the people on the forums buy them used? That to me would not make a whole lot of sense unless they were barely used. But I’m no expert and am new to all of this so any help will be very much appreciated. My 14 FiST has 75k miles so I figure the mounts should probably get changed anyway based on what I have read on here. Thanks in advance, and this is my first time posting so let me know if I messed anything up, thanks again.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I didn’t replace my mounts and have powerflex inserts in both. Works great. Put both in at around 70k miles. Do the ARP bolt from Ron for passenger side while you’re at it for good measure. Feels fantastic, almost all wheel hop gone.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just Buy Vibratechnics From whoosh in everything* Not to hard and not too soft like stock mounts* The inserts will erode quicker due to heat and Ozone. Vibratechnics will NOT* Some of those prices for Stock mounts is the same price as Vibratechnics. Good luck!

green_henry

1000 Post Club
The driver's side PowerFlex insert is solid, but the passenger side is not reliable (in my experience) -- the O-ring will let you down. I replaced mine with the cp-e mount, and while it's very effective, the NVH increase is very significant.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Like others have said do not bother with the Powerflex stuff and ya Vibratechnics or go home by far the best for our cars. I have had the powerflex and other products as well and now Vibrattechnics.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Like others have said do not bother with the Powerflex stuff and ya Vibratechnics or go home by far the best for our cars. I have had the powerflex and other products as well and now Vibrattechnics.
Ditto*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The driver's side PowerFlex insert is solid, but the passenger side is not reliable (in my experience) -- the O-ring will let you down. I replaced mine with the cp-e mount, and while it's very effective, the NVH increase is very significant.
Powerflex now offers an updated O-ring. They also were offering the new oring for free if you could produce a receipt to them before the day they changed to the new style oring*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #8
Awesome thanks for all the replies, I’ll check em out, would you guys recommend both? For driver and passenger side? Or just passenger