Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New owner (2019 Fiesta ST)

Drove 18 hours from San Diego to Seattle to pick up my new 2019 ST. Truck is late and I'm waiting for it to arrive. Traded my mundane Chevy sedan for this. Trip should allow me break in the car right around the LA area mountains. Hopefully traffic isn't too bad after the twisties. For sure this has the ST2 and maybe ST3. Previous SVT Focus owner and I'm happy to be getting a fun little hatchback. Cheers! mail.jpeg

OP
kuromorimine
Thread Starter #9
Thanks all! There's a few lose ends that I have to take care with the dealer, but the car has been home for a couple of days now. Whomever at the dealer took this for a joyride, I can understand why, but were a bit careless. I'm hoping this gets sorted asap with the dealer.

Car is a blast and oodles fun to drive. Unfortunately, as expected, it starts getting a lot of attention from the drift-o charm crowd taking their mom's accord for a cruise with their buddies.

Anyways, I plan to leave the car stock. I've never had good luck modifying cars. The only few updates I want to do is a window tint, a must in Southern California, a shark-fin antenna, and maybe wheels. For wheels, I was hoping the Focus EAP wheels from FRPP were still available. I've seen a few used sets and some reproduction. I'm scared of reproductions (cheap ones) as I've had a few after market wheels bent with the potholes in SD. I like the Rota Recce in anthracite too. Wish Niche made the Gamma in our bolt-pattern 😥. Lastly, I've seen a few different oem wheels floating around ebay. These are probably Euro/British spec Ford wheels.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thanks all! There's a few lose ends that I have to take care with the dealer, but the car has been home for a couple of days now. Whomever at the dealer took this for a joyride, I can understand why, but were a bit careless. I'm hoping this gets sorted asap with the dealer.

Car is a blast and oodles fun to drive. Unfortunately, as expected, it starts getting a lot of attention from the drift-o charm crowd taking their mom's accord for a cruise with their buddies.

Anyways, I plan to leave the car stock. I've never had good luck modifying cars. The only few updates I want to do is a window tint, a must in Southern California, a shark-fin antenna, and maybe wheels. For wheels, I was hoping the Focus EAP wheels from FRPP were still available. I've seen a few used sets and some reproduction. I'm scared of reproductions (cheap ones) as I've had a few after market wheels bent with the potholes in SD. I like the Rota Recce in anthracite too. Wish Niche made the Gamma in our bolt-pattern 😥. Lastly, I've seen a few different oem wheels floating around ebay. These are probably Euro/British spec Ford wheels.
I love those SVT rims. They look great on our car! It's a shame you're not interested in modding, cause that's where this car really starts to shine. If anything, I gotta recommend an accessport and a tune. You don't need any other mods really (even though they help). It really wakes the car up quite a bit in it's stock form.

OP
kuromorimine
Thread Starter #12
Thank you all!

I've clocked about 1000 miles and made two runs through Palomar Mountain so far. God, this things is amazing in the curves!!! This Saturday, saw some Mustangs, your typical WRX/STI's, and a rare Veloster N. I tagged along with the N and a Z, but they turned out early and it was time for me to leave. Last week, saw a bunch of AMGs up there. And there's the abundance of motorcycles.

Also, it gets a lot of attention. Last night i had a stalking Avalon who refused to let me be unless we raced...😔.

So far I've tinted the windows (35 front, 25 rear), got my ST all-weather mats, and pending delivery of my shark fin antenna.

Wheels, I like the OZ Le Mans, but that's a lot of money to drop on this car imho. I may just enjoy the stock wheels until I'm done paying it off and will trade it in for something else along these lines (maybe JCW Mini Countryman or Clubman)

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thank you all!

I've clocked about 1000 miles and made two runs through Palomar Mountain so far. God, this things is amazing in the curves!!! This Saturday, saw some Mustangs, your typical WRX/STI's, and a rare Veloster N. I tagged along with the N and a Z, but they turned out early and it was time for me to leave. Last week, saw a bunch of AMGs up there. And there's the abundance of motorcycles.

Also, it gets a lot of attention. Last night i had a stalking Avalon who refused to let me be unless we raced...😔.

So far I've tinted the windows (35 front, 25 rear), got my ST all-weather mats, and pending delivery of my shark fin antenna.

Wheels, I like the OZ Le Mans, but that's a lot of money to drop on this car imho. I may just enjoy the stock wheels until I'm done paying it off and will trade it in for something else along these lines (maybe JCW Mini Countryman or Clubman)
JCW's are cool, but why are you thinking about trading in the car? Also, this car really picks up with bolt-ons and a tune, and aren't too expensive!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thank you all!

By OZed 'LeMans' do you mean the 17x7.5 Superturismo LMs??

They are also one of my fave wheels for this car, but as prohibitively $$$ as they are, they are a little more than HALF the cost each of the wheels I want to get! [crazyeye] (Braid Full Race As in 16x8, gold color)

I have a stock 2016 Countryman All4 S in the garage next to the 2019 FiST. While the Mini is arguably a 'better' car, with the price difference, and cost of operating, the Fiesta is much, much more fun per $$. The FiST is even much more rare here.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Remi

Will trade it in for something else along these lines (maybe JCW Mini Countryman or Clubman)
I'll piggyback on what @AK_Sierra said above, I enjoy my FiST just as much as my previous MINIs. I recently came off a Clubman S with intake, intercooler, downpipe and catback. That car was a blast, but modding was much more expensive than the FiST. Stock for stock, I like my FiST better. The quality was better in the MINI, but now we're comparing BMWs to Ford's cheapest car.

At any rate, it's your car so you know what you enjoy. I was just providing my unsolicited advice lol. Congrats on picking up one of the last of a dying breed. Hopefully whatever issue you have with the dealer gets resolved quickly. Here's to many fun miles ahead. 🍻

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have a stock 2016 Countryman All4 S in the garage next to the 2019 FiST. While the Mini is arguably a 'better' car, with the price difference, and cost of operating, the Fiesta is much, much more fun per $$. The FiST is even much more rare here.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
AGREED!

But that said IF (and I will NEVER understand WHY they did not off er this already) they offered an S, or JCW in their 2 door, regular hatch guise, WITH the Countryman AWD drive train, THAT would be something I could consider. [wink] [driving]