Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New rear brakes worse than ever

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
So I installed new oem rear rotors, pads, pins and boots. Relubed pins, burped them best I could. Felt the brakes have been worse than ever. Took them off and found this especially on the backside of the rotor. Tried shooting them up with brake cleaner but at this point I may just take it to someone and say "make this better".

Any ideas what might be causing this?

I did 4 or 5 40 to 10 abrupt decels. Maybe like 60 miles total since changing them. They feel like they're slipping, obviously as the backside have very little contact.

Attachments

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #2
May have found it. There is a pin on the backside of each rear pad. Thinking it needs to seat down in the indents of the piston. Mine is not seated. Would totally explain the inside getting all the pressure

Struggling to make sure it is seated correctly

Attachments

Last edited:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
May have found it. There is a pin on the backside of each rear pad. Thinking it needs to seat down in the indents of the piston. Mine is not seated. Would totally explain the inside getting all the pressure

Struggling to make sure it is seated correctly
Yup that's it.