Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New to site

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Welcome, they're great cars, they punch way above their weight and are one of the most fun affordable cars ever produced.
I'm in the US, so some of these things may be different in England.
Buy the newest one you can afford. Look for a car that has complete service records, and it is especially important to see regular oil changes. It would be better if full synthetic oil was used.
If you can get a car that wasn't tuned or heavily modified it's less likely to have had the crap driven out of it.
If you have a choice between a higher mileage car that seems to have been carefully driven and well taken care of and a lower mileage car that seems not to be in as good as shape, I would not be scared of the higher mileage car.
In the US, cars from the 2016 model year on have two things that make them more desirable. One was the newer Sync 3 screen system, which may be different there. More importantly, some of the cars from the 2014 and 2015 model years had a recall for a possible coolant leak which could cause underhood fires. The fix for the recall was somewhat of a Band-Aid. Cars from the 2016 model year on had a new cylinder head which supposedly fixed the problem.
US cars from the 2016 model year on also incorporated suspension changes from the European ST200, which softened the suspension up a little bit. Some people thought the earlier ones were a bit too harsh, some like them just fine.
One little thing I look for sometimes is one of those windshield sunshades that keeps the sun off the inside of the car. That helps protect the interior from sun damage. More importantly, if someone went to the trouble to get one of those it just shows an attention to detail and a caring for the car which may carry over into bigger things.
If you see a good one jump on it fast. Finally, when you get one I think you will be happy you did.