Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New to the MOD game

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I agree. They’re such a subtle exterior mod I think it’s strange to have such a strong repulsion to them, haha.

I like how they make my car look a little more stout without putting 9” rims in it.
I'm so used to seeing them on all rally cars, even when in tarmac trim, where they are still required by the rules, that I guess I am 'use to' them by now. [wink]

You have a great start! As a lot have already mentioned, the rear motor mount and other mounts should be changed over. The whoosh street spec is the best rmm in my opinion. Also, I recommend not following the whole "stage" system for this car since it doesn't quite apply to the Fiesta as it does to other cars. For the intercooler is would go for the Whoosh V3, as I did. Didn't have any fitment issues at all and for the extra $100 it will support basically any power application you could ever want, and (probably) helps keep your air a little cooler if you need it (Florida heat sucks rn). Better to just buy once and not regret it if you think you might want to pursue more power. For a catback just pick whichever one sounds better. For induction if anything just get a better panel filter and not a CAI. I have the ST200 airbox from Mountune and it gives you whatever air you need. Other induction pieces will help, but the gains are very minimal and might not be worth your money. With all this you would basically max out the stock turbo on E30 with a stage 2 tune with a Cobb Accessport (I use and recommend Dizzy). After that is the world of aux fuel and bigger turbos. For the aesthetic mods just do whatever appeals to you, and everything else on your list looks great! (y)
I want to go a step further and say that there are only really four "necessary" mods to make a Fiesta ST a fun, reliable daily (as I've mentioned before).

Cobb AP + tune of your choice
An intercooler upgrade (really anything is better than the stock intercooler)
A rear motor mount (firmness of your own tolerance)
A radiator upgrade (optional in colder climates)

4DGC

From what I've read over and over again (no personal experience) the Whoosh v3 fits better than the V1. I went with the Depo Racing instead and now wish I had gone with the V3. Depo is fine but I would like the extra head room of the V3.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Only because y'all are talkin about intercooler fitment the mountune intercooler fits the best. It fits perfect no issues zero.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I want to go a step further and say that there are only really four "necessary" mods to make a Fiesta ST a fun, reliable daily (as I've mentioned before).

Cobb AP + tune of your choice
An intercooler upgrade (really anything is better than the stock intercooler)
A rear motor mount (firmness of your own tolerance)
A radiator upgrade (optional in colder climates)
I'd add 16" wheels and rubber to this list.

OP
Hitchcock&Scully
Thread Starter #27
Hey everyone I really appreciate the responses and input.

So I think I'm going to nix the intake and just grab a Ramair filter, induction and crossover hoses as well as the big mouth for the stock intake. Since I'm adding a few extras, instead of the full Boomba shift kit I'm going to go with the Mountune quick shift plate with the transmission cable bushings to save a few bucks. Same with the exhaust. I've heard good things about the Thermal R&D, its cheaper than the COBB and apparently doesn't have much drone, which is my main concern. The only reason I was going with COBB for a lot is they have a pretty decent military discount.

The Rallyarmors stay though, I do like the way they look and at the end of the day ill be the one driving it!

New wheels and rubber are definitely next on the list too. Any suggestions on that part?

That’s a good list, if I were to re do my mods over I would of gotten the RMM first, Short shift kit, also I would do the tranny fluid, I got ravenol. And I would go with the V3 Intercooler.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Mountune quick shift plate is a pain to install, but WELL worth it, being the most throw reducing option on the market!

I was going to do the boomba interior shift lever as well, but decided against it with the installation hassles (everyone breaking the thin plastic clips/pieces during install), and the lack of need for the throw to be any shorter for me, as well as the fear (very 'unfounded', I am told[dunno]) that there would be major cable bind with everything maxed out to the shortest throw possible.

I did do the under hood cable bracket bushings (also a pain, but also maybe 'worth it'), but did not do the interior, under the shifter bushings, since I did not want to mess with that if I was not already doing the lever itself. [wink]

OP
Hitchcock&Scully
Thread Starter #30
That’s a good list, if I were to re do my mods over I would of gotten the RMM first, Short shift kit, also I would do the tranny fluid, I got ravenol. And I would go with the V3 Intercooler.
Yeah I'm going with the V3 over the V1. How was replacing the tranny fluid?

OP
Hitchcock&Scully
Thread Starter #31
The Mountune quick shift plate is a pain to install, but WELL worth it, being the most throw reducing option on the market!

I was going to do the boomba interior shift lever as well, but decided against it with the installation hassles (everyone breaking the thin plastic clips/pieces during install), and the lack of need for the throw to be any shorter for me, as well as the fear (very 'unfounded', I am told[dunno]) that there would be major cable bind with everything maxed out to the shortest throw possible.

I did do the under hood cable bracket bushings (also a pain, but also maybe 'worth it'), but did not do the interior, under the shifter bushings, since I did not want to mess with that if I was not already doing the lever itself. [wink]
That's what ive gathered too. I think for what Im going to be using it for the plate and bushings are the way to go at the moment. I also really don't feel like ripping my center console out either lol.

Brianmc27

That's what ive gathered too. I think for what Im going to be using it for the plate and bushings are the way to go at the moment. I also really don't feel like ripping my center console out either lol.
The shifter base bushings in the center console are actually super easy. Took me about 30 minutes with simple hand tools.

Might as well get the full benefit from your other solid bushings - any weak link will detract from the upgrade.

Yeah I'm going with the V3 over the V1. How was replacing the tranny fluid?
Very easy, I just removed the air box to get to the fill plug, got a vinyl hose with a funnel and filled it from the top. Like most will say it’s one of the best mods you can do for your tranny

Hey everyone I really appreciate the responses and input.

So I think I'm going to nix the intake and just grab a Ramair filter, induction and crossover hoses as well as the big mouth for the stock intake. Since I'm adding a few extras, instead of the full Boomba shift kit I'm going to go with the Mountune quick shift plate with the transmission cable bushings to save a few bucks. Same with the exhaust. I've heard good things about the Thermal R&D, its cheaper than the COBB and apparently doesn't have much drone, which is my main concern. The only reason I was going with COBB for a lot is they have a pretty decent military discount.

The Rallyarmors stay though, I do like the way they look and at the end of the day ill be the one driving it!

New wheels and rubber are definitely next on the list too. Any suggestions on that part?
I've had both the Cobb CBE and the Thermal R&D CBE. Both are very good about not droning at highway speed, but they have some distinct differences.

Cobb's sound is very bass heavy, and very refined. No pops, burbles, or wastegate noises. It is a good sound, it just seems like Cobb wanted to go for a more OE type of sound. Volume is also fairly consistent in that it doesn't ever get all that loud.

The Thermal R&D is Jekyll and Hyde. It's quiet at idle and constant state cruising, but gets pretty rowdy with liberal applications of your right foot. It burbles, pops, and generally sounds a lot more raw. It's nothing like a straight pipe or a catless exhaust, but it's not the refined bass note of the Cobb.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Very easy, I just removed the air box to get to the fill plug, got a vinyl hose with a funnel and filled it from the top. Like most will say it’s one of the best mods you can do for your tranny
Since you must get under the car anyway to drain it, I've found it much easier to just get one of those Sta-Lube, CRC, Amsoil, or Performance Tool hand pumps for the bottle, and do it all from under the car.
It takes me personally, A LOT less time than disconnecting/removing all of the air box tubes/sensor connections/clamps/etc. from the top, and then possibly forgetting to re-connect everything after.[wink]

Brianmc27

Since you must get under the car anyway to drain it, I've found it much easier to just get one of those Sta-Lube, CRC, or Performance Tool hand pumps for the bottle, and do it all from under the car.
It takes me personally, A LOT less time than disconnecting/removing all of the air box tubes/sensor connections/clamps/etc. from the top, and then possibly forgetting to re-connect everything after.[wink]
I just got some vinyl tubing on a funnel and put it in the hole. No nothing needed removing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just got some vinyl tubing on a funnel and put it in the hole. No nothing needed removing.
But one still has to get under the car (and also have it high enough on jackstands/jack) to both drain the transaxle, and remove the fill plug anyway. [wink]

The tube method does NOT preclude the 'bother' of a jack and jack stands at all, unless one has access to a Jiffy Lube type 'pit' to change fluids.

Brianmc27

But one still has to get under the car (and also have it high enough on jackstands/jack) to both drain the transaxle, and remove the fill plug anyway. [wink]

The tube method does NOT preclude the 'bother' of a jack and jack stands at all, unless one has access to a Jiffy Lube type 'pit' to change fluids.
No, you have to use jacks or ramps to drain it no matter what - but the gravity fill is easy, clean, and requires no complex tools.