Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New wheels, new tires, new rubbing issues

Waterfan

So, today I decided to put my wheels on and I was stoked. New flat black xxr 527's. They look great and since they were 17x7.5 figured i would put some new tires with them so I got some 225/45r17 very cheap from my work to throw them on. I have mountune lowering springs and love those as well thought it was a combo for greatness. I was wrong, I rub every which way not just on bumps but even cornering too rough will get the rubbing noise from my front wheel wells. If anyone is out there with any suggestions other Than to buy new tires or put my stock springs back on. I work at a shop so I have a lift and any tool at my disposal, so I'm just asking for some suggestions. Please and thank you!
Tires are quite a bit oversized. 215/40-17 seems to be the largest 17" tire that will fit without issues.

Do you still have the OEM 205/40-17s? Since you have access to tools/can DIY, mount these to see if it fixes your rubbing issue. Then find a more appropriate-sized tire?

Do you know what it's rubbing on? I'll assume it's rubbing on the fender/bumper cover bolt area as it sticks out a good amount in a triangle. You can shave it down. I shaved mine down all the way and got rid of all rubbing in the front.
Do you have a pic of that spot? I am unsure which area you are referring to....I rub on the liners but want to check if I am rubbing there as well.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Do you have a pic of that spot? I am unsure which area you are referring to....I rub on the liners but want to check if I am rubbing there as well.
Just look up into the fender well where the bumper cover and fender meet.