Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Newcomer checking in

Hello!
I'm a 36y old guy from Belgium and have just bought a 2nd hand MK7 Fiesta ST. After a few days of driving I can safely say the car is amazing. My previous cars included a MK8 Fiesta ST that I sold after 1.5y of ownership and which I still regret...

However 2 weeks ago I found a 2016 model with 66k km's (41k miles) on the clock in race red and in very good condition minus some stone chips and no cruise control or navigation. Looks are obviously subjective but I think the MK7 looks more like a real 'hot' hatch rather then a family car. The engine is fantastic; having the extra cylinder and 100cc more displacement is a good base for modifications. The car feels more raw and pure then the MK8, it's stiffer on stock suspension.

No modifications for now but the idea is to make it into a street/track build; daily driver and track toy.

That's it for now. I'll share any experiences as time passes!
IMG_20220820_105116.jpg IMG_20220820_105151.jpg

Attachments

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hello!
I'm a 36y old guy from Belgium and have just bought a 2nd hand MK7 Fiesta ST. After a few days of driving I can safely say the car is amazing. My previous cars included a MK8 Fiesta ST that I sold after 1.5y of ownership and which I still regret...

However 2 weeks ago I found a 2016 model with 66k km's (41k miles) on the clock in race red and in very good condition minus some stone chips and no cruise control or navigation. Looks are obviously subjective but I think the MK7 looks more like a real 'hot' hatch rather then a family car. The engine is fantastic; having the extra cylinder and 100cc more displacement is a good base for modifications. The car feels more raw and pure then the MK8, it's stiffer on stock suspension.

No modifications for now but the idea is to make it into a street/track build; daily driver and track toy.

That's it for now. I'll share any experiences as time passes!
View attachment 50831 View attachment 50832
Welcome!
I think that the mk7 is the best looking ST available. I love that red color as well. I don't see many red STs over here.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Welgekomen!

Did you catch any of the Ypres WRC Rally, live/in person this past weekend?

IF you are a cycling fan, I am a big Wout van Aert, Victor Campenaerts, and Remco Evenepoel fan, and of course, going way way back to when I started in the sport, 'King Eddy' Merckx! [wink]

(I am expecting, and hoping, that those current Belgian riders will attempt an hour record ride sometime in the near future as well.)

OP
TheBelgianST
Thread Starter #7
Welgekomen!

Did you catch any of the Ypres WRC Rally, live/in person this past weekend?

IF you are a cycling fan, I am a big Wout van Aert, Victor Campenaerts, and Remco Evenepoel fan, and of course, going way way back to when I started in the sport, 'King Eddy' Merckx! [wink]

(I am expecting, and hoping, that those current Belgian riders will attempt an hour record ride sometime in the near future as well.)
Not a big rally fan... 🙈 However I saw some on the news.
I only follow the 3 big ones in cycling: Giro, Tour and Vuelta.

OP
TheBelgianST
Thread Starter #8
Welcome, and I'm glad to hear that your current ST compares favorably to your previous one which was the newer generation. I'd be interested to hear more about your impressions of differences and similarities between the two after you have some more seat time.
I can only speak for myself and don't take anything for granted: I like this car more compared to the newer generation. I saw the facelift MK8.5 ST at the dealer and the seats were meh at best? Ok for more options for individual settings but this is a hot hatch... Not a luxury car. My Recaro's are partial leather/fabric and it's a perfect combination because it's fabric exactly where I sit, so it won't get worn so much nor too hot on sunny days (I hope). The 1.6 4 cylinder engine is more fuel efficient as well.
This is just impressions after 3 days of ownership and 1 day of going to work. More to come.