Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Newest Sync 3 update

I started my FiST up yesterday and it said downloading update over WIFI but I didn't have time to let it update since I was heading to work. But when I got home last night I wrote down what the update for my 19 with Navigation.
JR3T-14G391-CE_1557247163000.TAR.GZ

I got it downloaded to a USB and I'm going to attempt the update in a little while .

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
JR3T-14G381-AS.zip is the file i get if I download from ford's website. (16 w/ nav)

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
I got it updated successfully , it has to be plugged into the front usb port and you can't have anything else plugged in while it's updating . Took about 20 minutes , at the very top it just tells you that Updating System Software, then after the 20 minutes a circle icon popped up in the right upper corner of the display , so I touched it and it said software updated and would take effect next time the vehicle is started. So I cut the car off opened the door , then closed the door and started it up again and that was when it said software updated and installed .

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
So far, it is unclear to me what exactly is being updated with their successive revisions. What “improvements”? It may be that I only use Sync for AA and that’s why I don’t see anything different. Given what a PITA updating is, I stopped doing it. Considering that there have been instances of updates’ corrupting previous file system, it isn’t worth it, IMHO, unless there’s something tangible to be gained...

green_henry

1000 Post Club
In general, I like to stay up-to-date with all upgrades (PC, phone, etc) but Sync upgrades have always failed for me ... so, I give up (until there's a very compelling reason).

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you have to download it, or does it update by itself?
Pardon my ignorance.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Ford is absolutely terrible at updates it's completely unacceptable.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I agree, the updating is a complete disaster, whether over Wi-Fi which almost never works, or by download which as someone else said requires ritual sacrifice to make it work.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
I did the update last weekend hoping it would fix the annoying problem of the radio always reverting to AM stations with you shut off the car. Well that didn't get fixed, and this is now the 3rd update I've done. Not going to bother anymore.