Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

No more torsion beam slipping

I need to get mine aligned. Is it easy to do yourself? One side of the rear axle, is tucked inside wheel well, the other side it sits flush and also one side has a lot of camber vs other side. Can you explain why one would need the steel bolts and what are the shims above? How do they assist with the alignment?

I hear there is a large tool the tech will use to get proper equal balance for the Fiesta. Is there a specific shop you all would recommend I bring it to or would most shops get the job done correctly with or without the large tool?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Can you elaborate? I’ve never seen these.
Reach out to @Fusion Works for details. He machines stainless steel spacers that utilize larger diameter bolts to eliminate the slop in the OEM holes. I’ve used the aluminum version someone else makes and the steel ones with the oversized steel bolts proved to be better. My car sees a lot of lateral curb/rumble strip hits so alignments are frequent. That’s how I determined steel with larger bolts work best.

Fusion Works

The OEM bolts are vastly undersized for the hole in the bearm bushing bracket. This allows a lot of slop in the beam mounting point. I and other track guys have seen our rear alignments move after one curb strike. Car feels squirrely under braking usually.
After making my set I have no more rear alignment issues. Woods24/7 has used his then popped the trans, HAHA.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
The OEM bolts are vastly undersized for the hole in the bearm bushing bracket. This allows a lot of slop in the beam mounting point. I and other track guys have seen our rear alignments move after one curb strike. Car feels squirrely under braking usually.
After making my set I have no more rear alignment issues. Woods24/7 has used his then popped the trans, HAHA.
Count me in for a set

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
These look interesting. I have a set of spoon rigid collars for my CRZ with rear torsion beam. These seem similar (not as soft as the spoon and include a bolt upgrade).

Mine arent installed yet but the guys that have them said the rears made a bigger difference than the front as they take up a good amount of play in the mounting point of the body.

Fusion Works

Ok, ladys, three sets with Bolts are ready to go. Fourth set will need bolts. Have to order some. PM for your sets.

Will be wanting some feedback on fitment across your various cars. Just to see if dimensions need to be tweaked for future sets. I think I am good based on where I am currently on my car.
IMG_3983.JPEG IMG_3985.JPEG

I'm interested in this as I mainly track my ST here in the UK.

Are fitment of these bolts meant as a direct replacement, or does it require some form of alignment? Do the shims self centre the bolts?

Fusion Works

You will want to check the alignment, but the collars and the bolts combine to center the beam on the bolt holes in the chassis. On my car things are correct and the beam lined up correctly in relation to the bolt holes.

I will need more feedback from other users based on their installs to see how these behave on multiple chassises.