Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official: 2016 Ford Focus RS with 320-HP and AWD

TheStig

Its not a fair comparo for the Focus RS to the Mustang GT, it will get made over and over again like beating a dead horse, but one is a hard hitting flyweight, the other is a middleweight that punches above.

As much as i love the 2015 Mustang (even the previous gen in fact), id much rather have the RS. More revs, easier to Tune (oh hai Cobb!), better MPG most likely, better for road trips and hauling around more than 2 people, better for adverse weather (im in Phoenix, dafuq am i talking about).

Its apples to potatos, but it will be put up against it often, and id love for it to be CLOSE.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Its not a fair comparo for the Focus RS to the Mustang GT, it will get made over and over again like beating a dead horse, but one is a hard hitting flyweight, the other is a middleweight that punches above.

As much as i love the 2015 Mustang (even the previous gen in fact), id much rather have the RS. More revs, easier to Tune (oh hai Cobb!), better MPG most likely, better for road trips and hauling around more than 2 people, better for adverse weather (im in Phoenix, dafuq am i talking about).

Its apples to potatos, but it will be put up against it often, and id love for it to be CLOSE.
HP bang for the buck factor is hard to beat with the GT, but you are spot on, its really like apples to oranges comparison. I freaking love the S550 Mustang!

TheStig

Bang for buck is exactly what we are talking about. But if want to compare then its Focus ST vs. Mustang GT and Focus RS Vs. Mustang GT350

The ST and GT are both performance minded road cars.

The RS and GT350 are both hard core track cars that can be street driven, granted the RS is probably more tame but that is the nature of the beast.

So all the sudden its not RS for 40k and GT for 40k, but RS for 40k and GT350 for 50k.

Now it makes more sense.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Apparently Ford screwed us over on the Recaro Shell seats (only available in Europe and Asia) and we are only getting the with heavily-bolstered partial-leather Recaro ones.

TheStig

Apparently Ford screwed us over on the Recaro Shell seats (only available in Europe and Asia) and we are only getting the with heavily-bolstered partial-leather Recaro ones.
Ugh, bastards gotta give the Euro's something we cannot get. Oh well im sure they will be good seats and it will keep our cost down. At this point its not alot to argue about, especially since if they are anything like FIST seats, they will be perfectly fine!

You can buy a set of Sportster CS (rs seats are this model) if you like, and even have heaters and airbags.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Not Ford's fault, those seats wont pass DOT. Lots of other cars have them option in ROTW markets but not US.

The funny part is people are saying this car will be a STI competitor but if you look at the optional tires... pilot sport cup... those are serious tires...then the fact that it will make more power then advertised like the other ST cars....should have an edge over the pack and be a riot!

And I would hope for the wiring to be present for the rear fog in USDM cars. Since it's global and built in Germany, I doubt models internals will differ.

It SHOULD be an easy add-on replacing the switch on the dash and plugging in the fog... Let's hope [thumb]

dyn085

2000 Post Club
The wiring should be there to a point, but you'll be looking at a new switch, light, rear valance, and possibly some wiring. Then, if it's similar to the other Mk3 models, you'll have to access the electrical interface using FOCCCUS in order to enable it.

Obviously the EU parts won't be available through your local Ford dealership, so you'll have to find an EU distributor and pay for shipping/customs to get it here.

Definitely easy, but also time-consuming and expensive.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Read today that Ina nutshell the RS has the same AWD system as the Range Rover Evoque, which makes sense because the Focus and Evoque are platform mates.

HaveBlue83

the FoST tq vectoring traction control is HORRIBLE. it uses the brakes. You go WOT and spin, it uses the brakes to slow the spin. I got down to the rivets on the pads and killed the rotors in under 25K miles up front. I was stunned. the FoST also isn't easily tossed around. it's a big ol car. NOT a rally car. the Fiesta is.....so you would think they would make an AWD Fiesta.

make an AWD FiRS and I will be interested, but prolly wont ever sell the FiST. it's sick. Best car I ever bought.