Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official FiST Drag Race Times and Discussion Thread - Post Here--

Dib

cobb stg3 91oct OTS tune, stock wheels+tires, weighed 2618lb without me, ~2810 with me. elev 3300. it was pretty cool though so i'm assuming the DA was lower than that. This is the only run I got in that night because the guy I was racing broke and sprayed coolant all over the track. and I didn't want to wait the hour to make another run. I think I could have gotten it down a little. I was really suprised by the numbers, so I think I may be sticking with the stock turbo for a while. Just going to add lightness and see if I can hit the 13s in street trim, that would be enough for my DD i think.

Get a pro-tune with an e40 map. Remove rear seats, spare, and jack. Get some very light wheels with some super sticky tires. Of course you'll also need a RMM to help keep the wheel hop under control.

Dib

Get a pro-tune with an e40 map. Remove rear seats, spare, and jack. Get some very light wheels with some super sticky tires. Of course you'll also need a RMM to help keep the wheel hop under control.
I guess I should have added that stuff to my mod list, huh. I have the cobb RMM. and I stripped my trunk virtually bare. no spare, jack, or covers. I don't want to remove anything that I would normally run on the street, I want to know how fast my car is on a daily basis, not just how fast I can possibly go once. so a pro-tune will happen, but since I drive 600mi/week I want to stick with 91oct, and pretty much anything I can find that will decrease rotational mass or aerodynamic efficiency.

masonsturbos

Offical FiST 1/4 Mile Drag Times List! --Post Here--

Mason McGavock
Stock turbo- stage 3 93 oct Panda Tuned
15' fiesta st
R/t: 1.503
60': 2.29
330: 6.126
1/8: 9.307
1/8 mph: 78.41
1000: 12.015
1/4: 14.307
1/4 mph: 98.53

Cars mods:
Injen intake, 2j catless dp, resonator delete w/ stock muffler, Cobb rmm, mishimoto j-line IC, custom catch can, conti dws06 tires, H&R lowering springs, some other bs. Panda tuned- dynod 212/282 on 93
Launch control set at 2000rpm and seemed perfect.

masonsturbos

[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] that time is good for #5 on stock turbo, whenever you have a spare minute, could you update the list please.

Not sure if I'll still fall in the top 10 once the leader-board gets updated, but this may qualify.

-Owner of the vehicle: Austin Toth
-Year / Model: 2015 Fiesta ST
-List of modifications: MAPerformance intake, CP-E FMIC, Tune+ protune, Cobb RMM, stock tires.
-R/T: 0.821
-60 Foot: 2.244
-330 Foot: 6.315
-1/8 Mile Time & MPH: 9.577 @ 76.58
-1/4 Mile Time & MPH: 14.680 @ 97.14
-Post a photo of the actual timeslip (If you have a video, please post that as well!)

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #189
Ugh I'm so far behind! I promise I will have time this weekend to update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masonsturbos

Stock turbo- stage 3 E30 Panda Tuned
15' fiesta st
R/t: .465
60': 2.121
330: 5.846
1/8: 8.916
1/8 mph: 78.99
1000: 11.575
1/4: 13.801
1/4 mph: 101.58

Cars mods:
Injen intake, 2j catless dp, resonator delete, muffler delete, Vibrant ultra quiet resonator, Cobb rmm, mishimoto j-line IC, custom catch can, conti dws06 tires, H&R lowering springs, some other bs. Panda tuned- dynod 218/301 on e30
Launch control set at 2200rpm
Car weighed 2600 on run- 215 driver

Stock turbo- stage 3 E30 Panda Tuned
15' fiesta st
R/t: .465
60': 2.121
330: 5.846
1/8: 8.916
1/8 mph: 78.99
1000: 11.575
1/4: 13.801
1/4 mph: 101.58

Cars mods:
Injen intake, 2j catless dp, resonator delete, muffler delete, Vibrant ultra quiet resonator, Cobb rmm, mishimoto j-line IC, custom catch can, conti dws06 tires, H&R lowering springs, some other bs. Panda tuned- dynod 218/301 on e30
Launch control set at 2200rpm
Car weighed 2600 on run- 215 driver
Off subject but what do you think of your conti tires?

masonsturbos

Well, if you aren't in H&R drop springs you can run the 205/45/17 without rub, I run at full lock... I do like them but I think there are some other tires I will be trying next time. They do awesome in the snow btw- which we didn't get much of...

I guess I should have added that stuff to my mod list, huh. I have the cobb RMM. and I stripped my trunk virtually bare. no spare, jack, or covers. I don't want to remove anything that I would normally run on the street, I want to know how fast my car is on a daily basis, not just how fast I can possibly go once. so a pro-tune will happen, but since I drive 600mi/week I want to stick with 91oct, and pretty much anything I can find that will decrease rotational mass or aerodynamic efficiency.
See I knew this was why people run at the strip on street tires. They aren't interested in how fast the car runs, only how fast it is on the street; which will never be realized for one reason and one reason, alone.

The track conditions are worse than at any drag strip, bar one that's been rained on which makes it super slick from the rubber that's been laid down.

I don't street race, I don't condone it and I really don't care how rural your town is, it's still dangerous. You'll always be 6-7 tenths slower vs slicks and traction becomes more of issue as power increases.

masonsturbos

I hit the track the exact same way I drive daily. Didn't change a thing. I don't think my speed would really change, I lower LC a couple hundred rpm to hook on the street and turbo cars will always run the same mph regardless of 60'- so I've read-

I hit the track the exact same way I drive daily. Didn't change a thing. I don't think my speed would really change, I lower LC a couple hundred rpm to hook on the street and turbo cars will always run the same mph regardless of 60'- so I've read-
No it won't. Stall speed will take more energy to accelerate the car from a lower rpm. As I said more traction is available at the strip, street tires do not take full advantage of that.

You will always be slower on the street from a standing start.

One of the main reasons why I got a Focus ST (2016, on July 5th) is because the car will run 13's stock, but is highly dependent on overall track and weather conditions.

Mainly DA under 1200, warm enough to have heat in the track surface, but cool, crispy and dry enough to allow the engine to advance timing safely.

But when conditions are not ideal, what do you have in reserve? Nothing because all you got is how the car ran when you got to the track that day... One of the main recommendations to improve track performance when conditions are less than ideal, is to increase launch rpm.

You can't do that because you're on street tires... No personal best today and mainly because days with ideal conditions are FEW and FAR between..