Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official FiST Drag Race Times and Discussion Thread - Post Here--

My fastest pass so far. 2016 Fiesta ST stock turbo with slicks. Stratified 93 Flash tune.
Can't wait to be tuned by Deadhook. Just need to save some money.

Second trip to drag strip

R/t 1.062
60' 2.168
330' 6.079
1/8 9.200
Mph 78.96
1000 11.860
1/4 14.075
Mph 102.00

2j racing; intake, downpipe, intercooler
Cobb rmm
Tuned by tom from mueller motor works e30
Street tire
Stock turbo, exhaust, full weight

LILIKE16ST

16 FiST Livernois motorsports 93 octane email tune, k&n drop in with Intake mod, DEPO FMIC and charge pipes and straight piped stock catback. Ran at Bristol Tennessee DA at the time of the run was 2339
Rt .685
60' 2.321
1/8th 9.544 at 76.33 mph
1000' 12.35
1/4 14.73 at 94.67 mph

Forgot to turn traction control off like an idiot car didn't spin much launching from 3000 but did bog obviously. I gained a little over 18 mph from 1/8 to 1/4 is this good bad or normal? I was switching at 6500 rpm car seems to pull ok to there with this tune much better than stock but I'm thinking it might benefit me to lower that to 6000. I will try that next time out and remember to turn traction control off and I also had my girlfriend in the car she weighs around 100 won't mean much but would have for sure got me under 14.7 and over 95 mph imo. All in all not too bad and there's room to improve as well.
Michael

16 FiST Livernois motorsports 93 octane email tune, k&n drop in with Intake mod, DEPO FMIC and charge pipes and straight piped stock catback. Ran at Bristol Tennessee DA at the time of the run was 2339
Rt .685
60' 2.321
1/8th 9.544 at 76.33 mph
1000' 12.35
1/4 14.73 at 94.67 mph

Forgot to turn traction control off like an idiot car didn't spin much launching from 3000 but did bog obviously. I gained a little over 18 mph from 1/8 to 1/4 is this good bad or normal? I was switching at 6500 rpm car seems to pull ok to there with this tune much better than stock but I'm thinking it might benefit me to lower that to 6000. I will try that next time out and remember to turn traction control off and I also had my girlfriend in the car she weighs around 100 won't mean much but would have for sure got me under 14.7 and over 95 mph imo. All in all not too bad and there's room to improve as well.
Michael
Are you full weight?
I have a 16 FiST with Stratified Flash Tune with K&N Panel Filter, Muffler Delete and rear seats/spare tire taken out and I ran 14.296 at 97.33

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

Are you full weight?
I have a 16 FiST with Stratified Flash Tune with K&N Panel Filter, Muffler Delete and rear seats/spare tire taken out and I ran 14.296 at 97.33

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A
I have done minor weight reduction the car is about 90 lbs lighter than stock but when I ran I had my girlfriend in the car with me and she weighs close to 100 so basically offsetting any weight reduction I've done. I'm not small at all coming in at 6'3" 260 lbs that doesn't help me either. There is definitely room to improve there without a passenger I could easily see me trapping over 95 on the same run and da was over 2300 the night of the run not horrible but far from perfect. I can also see me trapping a little bit better shifting at 6000 vs 6500 the car falls on its face and loses a hair momentum I do beleive which I think could cause it to trap slightly lower. I can easily see me getting in the lower 14s at 96 at least on a good night with a decent 60. What was your 60? What about your 8th mile et and trap? Good run on your part. I can see me getting pretty close to that. I'm going back asap

*EDIT*
I also want to add I've seen cars run and have 1-2 mph difference between their traps from run to run on the same night unfortunately I only got the one pass on the night I went. I did a second pass with no passenger and the car seemed to pull slightly better and the speedo was slightly above 95 mph when I went through the traps and I'm almost positive it was a better run both et and trap but since I redlighted I did not get an et or mph which really sucks.

Ah ok, weight wise we are kind of similar I'm 6.0 at 247. Went to the track last night and the DA and humidity was so awful my times went backwards I was sooooooo mad. That was supposed to be my 13.9 day but instead I hit 14.3 14.4 and 14.6. Ugh

Last edited:

LILIKE16ST

Ah ok, weight wise we are kind of similar I'm 6.0 at 247. Went to the track last might and the fact and humidity was so awful my times went backwards I was sooooooo mad. That was supposed to be my 13.9 day but instead I hit 14.3 14.4 and 14.6. Ugh

Weather can definitely play a part not just temp but humidity as well as altitude. I beleive there are some better runs in my future for sure I'm hoping to get further down in the lower 14 second range and I'd like to at least trap 96 or better.

Weather can definitely play a part not just temp but humidity as well as altitude. I beleive there are some better runs in my future for sure I'm hoping to get further down in the lower 14 second range and I'd like to at least trap 96 or better.
I know you can do it! It's possible, I mean you have more mods than me so I can see you touching low 14's and high 13's as long as weather is nice

LILIKE16ST

I plan to switch to an accessport in the future and sell my livernois mycal simply to be able to get a custom tune done remotely for 93 as well as e30. Wouldn't mind having the gauges either. I am running a DEPO intercooler and I think more powe could be squeezed out with a custom tune. Once I get a 2jr Intake and a custom e30 tune I would like to try and see if I can hit 13s and trap 100+ like some have on stock turbo.

With all those mods and the accessport, definitely! And be ready for that 2J intake, it's ridiculously loud. So much so that we had one guy in our local group buy one realized that he didn't like it because it was louder than the radio and you had to raise your voice just to talk to your passenger that he sold it and it's already been through 4 people who didn't believe him haha. So be ready for that crazy amount of noise. That's literally the only downside, the temperature it brings in is just crazy good!

With all those mods and the accessport, definitely! And be ready for that 2J intake, it's ridiculously loud. So much so that we had one guy in our local group buy one realized that he didn't like it because it was louder than the radio and you had to raise your voice just to talk to your passenger that he sold it and it's already been through 4 people who didn't believe him haha. So be ready for that crazy amount of noise. That's literally the only downside, the temperature it brings in is just crazy good!

Oh yeah, I'd love to have that 2j intake but there's no way in hell I could deal with that noise. Maybe in like 3-4 years when I get an RS. Maybe then I'll finally go for a catless downpipe, tial bov and 2j intake. I'd still leave ear plugs in the car lol.

LILIKE16ST

Oh yeah, I'd love to have that 2j intake but there's no way in hell I could deal with that noise. Maybe in like 3-4 years when I get an RS. Maybe then I'll finally go for a catless downpipe, tial bov and 2j intake. I'd still leave ear plugs in the car lol.
This iS what has me considering the cpe Intake instead combined with the big mouth snorkel. I think the performance would be close to the 2jr and possibly even better at higher speeds due to the ram air effect and still have good sound without the insane noise. The setup may not spool quite as fast and it would definitely cost more but may be worth it to keep the noise down a little lol

LILIKE16ST

Did you go with the dry or oiled filter? Does it really matter all that much? I've heard oiled flows marginally better but doesn't protect against particles as good but I'm not sure how much truth there is to that I have always ran oiled k&ns for years and years and have a drop in now with no issues just wondering what you think about that issue.