Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official Magnetic Fiesta ST Pictures Thread

Th

This is awesome. It’s the first pic I’ve seen of bronze rpf1s on a magnetic fiesta, and they look as good as I had hoped. What size tires are on them?
Wheels are 16x7, sold by OAKOS here on the forum. I saw a group order beginning on 16x8 as well. Tires are 205/45/16, 215/45/16 is the best fit for 16x7.

I was tempted by the RPF1's, one of my all time favorite wheels, but have too many freinds that have bent them up. They are awesome but I think you pay a bit too much for that weight savings in durability.

You guys treat them like baby cakes and you should be alright. Still a GOAT wheel design. Look perfect on these cars IMHO.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I most certainly would not use them on a gravel stage rally, but I always thought one of their fortes (and justifications for their cost and 'want' by enthusiasts) is their flow formed strength which also results in low weight. [dunno]

^^^I most certainly would not use them on a gravel stage rally, but I always thought one of their fortes (and justifications for their cost and 'want' by enthusiasts) is their flow formed strength which also results in low weight. [dunno]

I have a couple buddy's that have bent them, and when I worked in the tire shop back in the day we had issues with them on a few cars. I think I have known more people that have relegated them to track or Auto-x duty after having problems than people that used them daily. I still love the wheel, and next to CompMo's it's my dream no cost comcern wheel for this car.

The Deks were just so much cheaper and easier to get, had the ideal size etc. If the Dek turns out to be just as soft, at least I can get a replacement in a week for $150.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am not all that enamored of the RPF1 looks, at least not in the sub 17" sizes (just like I am the same way with the smaller 6ULs vs. the 17"+ sizes), but I always thought that they were a top quality wheel.

The Braids are my somewhat 'dream' wheel, but yes, I too chose the Dekas for the very same reasons you've stated above (plus their 3 pound lower weight). [thumb]

Albeit, one is highly unlikely to bend or break a Braid wheel on even the worst streets, and even with a 'rubber band profile' tire on them. [wink]

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I like my new wheels. The center cap came off one of them, but I want to put something else there, anyway.
I'm thinking a black cap with the Ford logo in red. Anyone know where to get them?
I have some black lugs that will go on when I change the tires.
View attachment 30660
You could contact Boomba...I think they might do a set if asked. Not super cheap though....Depending on what you want!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I really wish that Method would not only have NOT discontinued those wheels for our rides, but actually expanded the lineup to include both 16x7/8 versions, AND the latter, beefier (shorter spoked) versions which the Subaru Rally Team USA/Vermont Sportscar built rides use. [:(]

(One of the very few silver wheels I like on our color car, even though I opted for the black ones. [thumb])

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am dumb. What are those rear window vent things? Your window is still closed but it looks open or racy? You can still use the rear window as normal?

Love the Methods.
They are known as 'rally vents' although I've never seen an actual stage rally car that uses them, anywhere.
(But yes, some do drill holes like that in their Lexan side/rear windows.)
Ron @whoosh has them on his site, and a few others sell their own versions.
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...14-2018-rear-window-rally-vents-free-shipping

SPhilli911

New roof rack setup. Really liking the thule aerobars and kuat mini skinny cargo basket.
Very nice, looks good too. I've been thinking of getting a similar setup (I already have Yakima bars and bike tray) for a road trip, so I am looking into cargo boxes. Just need to figure out what I can fit next to the bike. Sadly, the road trip is on hold, though.

Very nice, looks good too. I've been thinking of getting a similar setup (I already have Yakima bars and bike tray) for a road trip, so I am looking into cargo boxes. Just need to figure out what I can fit next to the bike. Sadly, the road trip is on hold, though.
Thanks! I hear the Yak skinny cargo basket is nice too, but I went with the kuat since it has the fork mount built into the basket. Just be sure that you have clearance for the spoiler when the hatch is open. I found that a few bike carrier options wouldn't work due to how they mount and the limited space up top.

Hopefully, you can get on that road trip soon!

SPhilli911

Thanks! I hear the Yak skinny cargo basket is nice too, but I went with the kuat since it has the fork mount built into the basket. Just be sure that you have clearance for the spoiler when the hatch is open. I found that a few bike carrier options wouldn't work due to how they mount and the limited space up top.

Hopefully, you can get on that road trip soon!
Thank you! I have wing risers on my car, so the wing does hit the bike tray as it is now but the back end of the tray is plastic, so no damage done if I open it carefully. I will look into basket options for sure, make sure to get the right one.