Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oh for f***€ sake!!

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Dunno why my phone is doubling images but i just trashed my brace hitting this loose chunk of concrete laying in the road on my way home tonight. Im starting to seriously think that this car is just cursed.
20190918_015557.jpg 20190918_015557.jpg 20190918_015106_HDR.jpg 20190918_015557.jpg 20190918_015106_HDR.jpg

You win some you lose some bud, I've dodged some asteroids and thanked my lucky stars. At the same time in the back of my mind I knew it was just luck and that next time I might not have as much of it, specially being lowered. At least she lives to fight another day!
Could've been worse, regroup and back to kicking ass and taking names later tomorrow. Best of luck![boxface]

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
You win some you lose some bud, I've dodged some asteroids and thanked my lucky stars. At the same time in the back of my mind I knew it was just luck and that next time I might not have as much of it, specially being lowered. At least she lives to fight another day!
Could've been worse, regroup and back to kicking ass and taking names later tomorrow. Best of luck![boxface]
This year has just been hell with this car.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Yeah maybe. If i can get all tb performance parts for bracing. If they clear a skidplate.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
YIKES! [crazyeye]

That IS shitty luck. [:(]

I wonder if my skid plate would have ridden up and over that, or just trapped it underneath and dragged it along the road?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Seeing as my brace dragged it with me, even after i stopped. Youd probably have it go with as well.

SrsBsns

I've scraped my 6-point several times on speed bumps and stuff while going less than 1mph. I shudder every time.

I could only imagine hitting something like that.

Where does a boulder like that even come from? I feel like that would mess up a normal car, much less a lowered FiST.

Is the brace OK? I can't really tell from the pics.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^I've seen them fall from dump trucks bouncing over bumps (even WITH the requisite covers over the loads), and also from rocky, crumbling cliff sides along some roads (especially when there are signs warning you to "Watch For Falling Rocks" LOL). [:(]

SrsBsns

^^I've seen them fall from dump trucks bouncing over bumps (even WITH the requisite covers over the loads), and also from rocky, crumbling cliff sides along some roads (especially when there are signs warning you to "Watch For Falling Rocks" LOL). [:(]
Lol, I've seen rocks fall off of those trucks, but not mini-meteorites!

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I've scraped my 6-point several times on speed bumps and stuff while going less than 1mph. I shudder every time.

I could only imagine hitting something like that.

Where does a boulder like that even come from? I feel like that would mess up a normal car, much less a lowered FiST.

Is the brace OK? I can't really tell from the pics.
Brace had a couple big dents. And i think the front cross tube actually tore a bit. I think my subframe is ok. Thank god i didnt hit a control arm. Imo its trashed now and needs replacing.

Now that you mention it, I think my FiST is a small creature magnet. About a month ago a opossum ran out in front of me and I think I hit it cause I have a hole in that fiberglass cover on the bottom and last night I had another opossum run out in front of me. But my lightning fast Ace Ventura reflexes saved it and my car.

I would say that you can at least hopefully repair that beam and a little body work and it would be like brand new. [twothumb]

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Now that you mention it, I think my FiST is a small creature magnet. About a month ago a opossum ran out in front of me and I think I hit it cause I have a hole in that fiberglass cover on the bottom and last night I had another opossum run out in front of me. But my lightning fast Ace Ventura reflexes saved it and my car.

I would say that you can at least hopefully repair that beam and a little body work and it would be like brand new. [twothumb]
Im probably just going to replace that brace. Im not seeing any other damage to the car.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I didn't encounter a meteorite like you did, but my Pierce 2-pt brace has bottomed-out several times (on speed bumps and an obnoxious bump on one of my favorite backroads); I'm considering replacing it with the Mountune brace, which seems to be more flush with the chassis. Thoughts?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Im planning the TB 4 point. It sits flush with the bottom of the bumper flap. I didnt knkw mountune made a brace though. Got a link?

I
I didn't encounter a meteorite like you did, but my Pierce 2-pt brace has bottomed-out several times (on speed bumps and an obnoxious bump on one of my favorite backroads); I'm considering replacing it with the Mountune brace, which seems to be more flush with the chassis. Thoughts?
I thought the Pierce 2 point and Mountune braces did different things? 🤔

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I

I thought the Pierce 2 point and Mountune braces did different things? [emoji848]
Any of the 2 point braces are going to create a low point on the car. The Mountune does not connect to the control arms for this reason.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I'm going to get the Mountune brace for my car at some point. It probably won't work as good because connecting to the control arms really seems to help, but that makes for a low point on the car.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OrangeFiST General Automotive Discussions 11
Sakel Fiesta ST Build Projects 148