Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P&S Brake Buster

I decided to try P&S Brake Buster from the U.S.

This strong non acidic wheel and tyre cleaner has been on the market for a while now and is getting good reviews worldwide.... So I thought I'd try it for myself.

At $18AU per bottle for the 473mL bottle, I was hoping to use 1/4 of bottle while testing but ended up using 1/2 of the bottle which would be $9 per wash. The instructions do say to apply a generous amount and my wheels were particularly dirty. I think with use, learning how to use it and maybe using a wheel mitt instead of a cleaning brush, I may get 3-4 washes out of a bottle which takes the cost per wash down to $4.50.

Having said that, the products in Brake Buster are quite strong and you instantly see the brown coming out of the tyre and brake dust being busted.

In this video I did a control wheel just using the pressure washer which led to minimal result on the wheel and zero cleaning of the tyre. The 2nd wheel was a contactless test which got great results but not perfect. Where some of the product either settled to long or ran off too quick, dirt was left on the wheel face and in the wheel barrel. The 3rd wheel I used a tyre brush by Gyeon (a great little brush once you get used to how to hold it), the Gyeon wheel barrel brush and a Bowdens Own Lugs and Nuts detailing brush. This to no surprise got the best results, leaving the wheel clean and the tyre blacker out of the 3 tests.

People do dilute Brake Buster at around 1:5 but state the product is then dry on the wheel and tyre as well as not being as effective. This would likely be the way to get the most value out of the cleaner.

As is the way of the tube, get involved in my hobby and help me out by liking vids (only if you do like them), share anything you like, comment on the vids on the tube and subscribe.

View: https://youtu.be/8XA4dcxGQbs