Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Paint sealant worth it?

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #21
Thanks for the links....I found the opticoat guy here in Mn and now I have a guy who does Cqfinest thanks to your link....I'll call and get quotes and inform others of the prices to compare with others exp. Now it's comes down to choice.....one guy will do wheels ...taken off completely for $100 and the other guy says $200. Still waiting to get estimate for the whole vehicle.

Looks good! I've been debating on Ceramic Pro 9H myself.....haven't figured it all out yet.
I have Ceramic pro plus on the paint and wheels, ceramic pro rain on the windscreen and ceramic pro textile and plastic on the interior.
I have had this on for two weeks and haven't needed to wash the car yet!
When its raining lightly you can see the droplets hit the windscreen and disintegrate into hundreds of tiny droplets then ball up and roll straight off the windscreen.

Here are some pics…

Thanks for the links....I found the opticoat guy here in Mn and now I have a guy who does Cqfinest thanks to your link....I'll call and get quotes and inform others of the prices to compare with others exp. Now it's comes down to choice.....one guy will do wheels ...taken off completely for $100 and the other guy says $200. Still waiting to get estimate for the whole vehicle.
Let me know how it goes, as I'm still debating what to do also [thumb]

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #24
The opticoat guy says he will do it for $1200 with all four wheels removed .....cleaned and coated. Seems like a good deal....he is also in eagan.

The opticoat guy says he will do it for $1200 with all four wheels removed .....cleaned and coated. Seems like a good deal....he is also in eagan.
I also got the same quote price for opticoat....now I gotta debate on whether opticoat or 9h over a few beers. [cheers] [drinking]

I was contacted by a guy for 9h, regarding their Gold package -> 4 Coats of Ceramic Pro 9H, 4 Quarterly Mobile Maintenance Details included, 2 Coats Ceramic Pro Rain on Windows, Engine Detail, Wheels off Detail & possible interior for $1500-$2k. The gentleman I spoke to this morning expressed that if certain needs etc. need to be included or excluded, he expressed that he'd work with me on price. From what I sensed, he was very flexible on options/price. Based out of west st. paul.

I've got a thread for 9h here http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/6354-Ceramic-PRO-9H Mods might want to move this thread to the Wash, Wax, Detailing & Paint Maintenance section as well. I'm going to add the 9h details to my thread too.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #26
I also got the same quote price for opticoat....now I gotta debate on whether opticoat or 9h over a few beers. [cheers] [drinking]

I was contacted by a guy for 9h, regarding their Gold package -> 4 Coats of Ceramic Pro 9H, 4 Quarterly Mobile Maintenance Details included, 2 Coats Ceramic Pro Rain on Windows, Engine Detail, Wheels off Detail & possible interior for $1500-$2k. The gentleman I spoke to this morning expressed that if certain needs etc. need to be included or excluded, he expressed that he'd work with me on price. From what I sensed, he was very flexible on options/price. Based out of west st. paul.

I've got a thread for 9h here http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/6354-Ceramic-PRO-9H Mods might want to move this thread to the Wash, Wax, Detailing & Paint Maintenance section as well. I'm going to add the 9h details to my thread too.
What place of business is this? Do you have a phone number? Thanks!

I purchased my car on 1/31/14 and did a fair amount of research (the Tesla forums especially, as mentioned, go figure) and had a full paint correction and Opticoat Pro app done by Kris @ NE Detailing in Manchester, NH in March. I think I paid $1200 for the whole deal, including wheels & windows; I know that the paint correction, which takes a whole day under bright lights with a good hand, cost $500 (thank you FMC).

In any event, having been through 2 Maine winters, I'm really pleased with the results. As Kris said, just use a touchless wash in the winter and even if it's a little dirty it will look clean. That is true. Water still beads up on the paint.

I use Opticoat "no rinse wash" and "instant detailer" in the warmer months (hoping for one more warm day before next spring for the detailer) and it looks better than new. I'm in the car for the long haul so the cost makes sense. And, although not a film cover, I haven't had many gravel/pebble/sand dings despite our failing roads and the softer paint & clear coat.

So, for me, the OpticoatPro has worked well. I'd guess that other polymer coatings work as well, and there are plenty of user reviews on the web.

After I shake hands with the salesperson, he sends me to a back room where a little man sits. Thats where all the $$ kaching kaching $$ happens. I don't go for most things, but if there is one thing that I don't have to be sold on is the "Permaplate." Thats what they call it here, and I've had it on all my cars. Something is applied inside as well. Supposedly, if my paint starts peeling they say they would repaint the car for me (haaah!). If my dash cracks, I'm making them get me a new one.

Anyway, I don't need to be sold on it. I ask for it. Water beads up nicely. I don't let the car get too gross or dirty. I dust the car off, either hose it down and pat dry; or use a bucket of water with a washing mit and pat dry. We don't have a lot of water here so some of you with lots of snow can send some our way into our mountains. While you're at it, throw some of it into our Central Valley. Please.

Anyway when I'm sure there isn't any dirt that would swirl up the car, I'd just spray on some Turtle Wax Detailer and wipe it off with a wifebeater (ribbed tank top).

So all of this makes for a pretty shiny car. It does on my black Mustang. I can see myself![:o)]

Oh, and I paid $599. Got a discount for a $750 product.