Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Petrol Particulate Filter (UK)

Skewby06

Hi. I have a 2018 petrol Fiesta ST3, and my engine management light has come on. My diagnostic machine is telling me it is my particulate filter (see photo).
Any ideas what I can do to fix this? Reading some articles this shouldn’t need clearing or replacing, so does this mean it is faulty or a sensor issue maybe?
I have just been doing 70mph on the road and it didn’t clear it like it would in a diesel car.
Any help/advice much appreciated!

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
We never got the Mk8 cars here, so it is hard for us to tell whether or not Ford added a replaceable fuel filter anywhere in those dual injection (port and direct) engine cars or not. [dunno]

As far as I know we with the Mk7s only have that 'sock' type filter on the pickup point on the bottom of the in tank low pressure fuel pump.

LMST

Hi. I have a 2018 petrol Fiesta ST3, and my engine management light has come on. My diagnostic machine is telling me it is my particulate filter (see photo).
Any ideas what I can do to fix this? Reading some articles this shouldn’t need clearing or replacing, so does this mean it is faulty or a sensor issue maybe?
I have just been doing 70mph on the road and it didn’t clear it like it would in a diesel car.
Any help/advice much appreciated!
I've been having this problem too! Mechanic suggested getting some redex and seeing if that cleans out the system but I haven't had any luck. Did you get to the bottom of the problem for your car?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This may be a case of the newest latest and "Greatest idea" (Insert Sarcasm) at fomoco is calling it the Gasoline Particulate Filter just like Diesels Now have a Diesel particulate filter and have for a little while now. Both of these systems are very similar in design to meet emissions. In Diesel world they do what is called a Re-gen and heat up the Diesel particulate filter and burn off any remaining soot particles.