Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Power pulsing while acceleration

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #21
I have never used cruise control, maybe I'll try it tomorrow

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
I just found a new code, P051D, crankcase pressure sensor circuit high. Anyone else gotten that code? if so what did you do about it?

Also, does anyone have any ideas as to what I should datalog to try to diagnose this issue?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just found a new code, P051D, crankcase pressure sensor circuit high. Anyone else gotten that code? if so what did you do about it?

Also, does anyone have any ideas as to what I should datalog to try to diagnose this issue?
Have you done a KAM reset? Try that and go from there with the AP3.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Monitor ETC Angle Actual, and see if the throttle plate is closing, while you are feeling the surge.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #28
I just bought coils for my FiST. When I switch back to my all seasons, I'm going to do some data logging. I'm still trying to figure out the data logging with the Accessport.
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15339380/the-vapor-rub-summer-versus-winter-gasoline-explained/
https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/gasoline/
https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/gasoline/octane-in-depth.php
http://www.pencilgeek.org/2009/05/octane-rating-conversions.html

My motorcycle doesn't have an oxygen sensor in the exhaust meaning, it has zero ability to self-tune based on changes to fuel. (CDI + EFI without OĀ² feedback)

I can track how well it is or isn't running by monitoring mileage and added an AFR gauge earlier in the year.

On Winter fuel I found it was running ssuuppeerr lean. To make it run optimal on Winter fuel, I have to add octane booster in part because the Winter fuel (here) vaporizes much more easily.

I get the best mileage in the Summer. Blocking off a huge portion of the radiator during the Winter makes as much as 10~15MPG increase... brings it near or at levels I only see during the peak of Summer.

Between Winter fuel and Winter temps, by far the largest impact on mileage goes to Winter temps. But this engine isn't nearly as tightly controlled, temperature wise, as those in modern vehicles.

I'm also having this pulsing problem. Did data logs and everything seems fine while it pulses. I zip tied an old phone under the hood and got it on video. Doesn't sound like a motor problem at all. Video is attached.

Attachments

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #34
I'm also having this pulsing problem. Did data logs and everything seems fine while it pulses. I zip tied an old phone under the hood and got it on video. Doesn't sound like a motor problem at all. Video is attached.
What year and how many miles? Are you stock or tuned?
I am kinda suspecting my issue might be boost related, not engine related

2016 with under 30k and right now I'm stage 2. But it even does it on stock. I'm thinking mine is boost related too. I posted the video of mine, does yours sound like that too? I asked my tuner and sent him my logs just waiting on his response. I'll post on here what he says maybe that'll help you out too if you're having the same problem.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #36
2016 with under 30k and right now I'm stage 2. But it even does it on stock. I'm thinking mine is boost related too. I posted the video of mine, does yours sound like that too? I asked my tuner and sent him my logs just waiting on his response. I'll post on here what he says maybe that'll help you out too if you're having the same problem.
I can't play the video on my phone, but I'll let you know when I get on my laptop. Thanks, I'll be interested to hear what your tuner has to say

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #37
In the video, I can hear your BOV venting, which I assume is when you shift or let off the throttle. In between that, I do hear a "pulsing" sound that sounds like my issue.
Does your issue occur every time you drive? For me, it only happens sometimes.

It only does it occasionally and it's only at about 50% throttle. Tuner didn't say much either but he heard it, he sent me a new revised tune I installed it and it's still doing it. Do you have a stock or aftermarket BOV? I have aftermarket and I been reading the o rings could come loose so I'm going to check that next. If it's not that then I'm out of ideas

anticon

I have a gfb bov on my whoosh turbo and it releases boost under low load, like when climbing hills. It will build and release and repeat every second or so. It's annoying. I was told a mechanical bov should solve the problem