Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Powerflex RMM bushing *short review*

Hi everyone, just starting the short review on the powerflex "RACE" bushing for the RMM (rear motor mount). In a galaxy far far away; fiestastforum, a RMM was purchased with the powerflex bushing already installed. Cost me $40, great deal! So after 2 1/2 weeks of being installed, I can honestly say that this race version bushing is really not that bad as far as NVH goes. I was a bit leery after realizing I had purchased a "Race" version rather than the "street" version. I was unaware that powerflex even offered any opposing options. Anyways after install you can clearly feel the RMM bushing through the steering wheel with tiny tiny tiny vibrations at idle. Floorpan vibration, AFFIRMATIVE[^], rattling mirrors CHECK!!! All was quite expected after install was finished. From a dead stop rolling forward, you get the vibration right away, to me IT'S NOT THAT BAD. Other ppl will think differently, I enjoy the NVH, it gives a better feel of the vehicle and what it is doing.

Shifting is positively affected, in a rather good way. Everything as far as the pedal and shifter goes feels extremely positive, I can feel the clutch activating/deactivating. The stock RMM really numbed things all around the vehicle. My 1-2 shift has always been the worst feel when changing through the gates, now my 1-2 shift feels extremely smooth. Wheel hop is virtually eliminated, but one odd thing I definitely noticed is after the install, torque steer became rampant with traction control off. I presume the extra power translated to the tires is causing the scramble effect.

Side note* Sucks for anyone else with a wife/gf/bf/ significant other that dislikes when you upgrade your vehicles. My damn gf loves this upgrade, she wants to drive the damn car more now! All 5'2" 96lbs of her, I may have a problem here.

Black is for race, yellow/purple is for street.
https://www.powerflex.co.uk/

I have the street versions installed and they're also pretty darn good. And cheaper than a complete custom RMM. Just be glad you didn't have to wrestle the old bushings out of your RMM. That's the hardest part.
I also have torque steer but that's to be expected on a FWD with an open diff.