Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Project car suggestion

I am looking at switching my black FiST for something else in the coming months. Another FiST is currently first on my list (main reason I want to change is more recent and the color I actually want), but I'm looking at this future car being a summer/project car only.

Cars on my list are Fiesta ST, Focus RS, 2014 and earlier STI, Golf R, Evo X, BMW M3, Miata/MX-5, Type R and Veloster N.

What would YOU guys look at as a project car (new or used, doesn't matter) under 40k CAD (so under 30k USD)?

Let's throw reliability out the window as it's a toy more than anything at this point.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I like them all but those cars are so capable in a stock form I can't consider them a project car. A Civic type R doesn't need anything for example. The Fiesta ST is going to be the most financially logical project car. A BMW m3 the only project on that is to keep it running. Some of them are so different I mean I don't know what you are going for. I like the type R I'm not sure why but I do but it's not a project car it's damn near perfect.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Canadian? Why not jdm?

R32 GTR or an older Evo

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
A Miata would prob be the most fun to turn into a pavement ripping lil monster

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am looking at switching my black FiST for something else in the coming months. Another FiST is currently first on my list (main reason I want to change is more recent and the color I actually want), but I'm looking at this future car being a summer/project car only.

Cars on my list are Fiesta ST, Focus RS, 2014 and earlier STI, Golf R, Evo X, BMW M3, Miata/MX-5, Type R and Veloster N.

What would YOU guys look at as a project car (new or used, doesn't matter) under 40k CAD (so under 30k USD)?

Let's throw reliability out the window as it's a toy more than anything at this point.
I'm throwing a monkey wrench in your machine and will go out on a limb and Say a 1991 GMC Syclone or a 92 or 93 GMC Typhoon. I was in the same boat as you sometime ago with a lot of your car choices and a guy told me about the Early 90s performance division.....NEVER looked back and Own a 92 Typhoon. Its A TRUE stoplight warrior.....Nothing like a 10lb Boost launch either! Good luck! I'm sure you will enjoy whatever you get ! [party]

OP
K
Thread Starter #7
I'm throwing a monkey wrench in your machine and will go out on a limb and Say a 1991 GMC Syclone or a 92 or 93 GMC Typhoon. I was in the same boat as you sometime ago with a lot of your car choices and a guy told me about the Early 90s performance division.....NEVER looked back and Own a 92 Typhoon. Its A TRUE stoplight warrior.....Nothing like a 10lb Boost launch either! Good luck! I'm sure you will enjoy whatever you get ! [party]
You're not throwing a wrench at all, I was looking for cars I might not know about which is exactly the case with those! I prefer smaller cars, but I will take a look at those for sure.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
K
Thread Starter #8
Canadian? Why not jdm?

R32 GTR or an older Evo

I don't know why I specified for the X, but any Evo could make the cut haha.

As for the R32 GTR, it would be interesting, but a good friend already has one. As much as I would have a good resource, I would rather do something different. Excellent suggestions though, thanks.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I don't know why I specified for the X, but any Evo could make the cut haha.

As for the R32 GTR, it would be interesting, but a good friend already has one. As much as I would have a good resource, I would rather do something different. Excellent suggestions though, thanks.

Youre in a good position though. Im down here in California and been dreaming of a GTR since i was playing Gran Turismo... They're finally federally legal to import so im hoping i can make one my next purchase. Once i pay off the FiST, im gonna get the ball rolling on a R33 GTR.

OP
K
Thread Starter #10
Youre in a good position though. Im down here in California and been dreaming of a GTR since i was playing Gran Turismo... They're finally federally legal to import so im hoping i can make one my next purchase. Once i pay off the FiST, im gonna get the ball rolling on a R33 GTR.

Except I'm in a province that put up a similar law as the USA regarding imported cars. They are becoming legal now, but anything in province will be super expensive as they are grand fathered in while out of province can't be brought in.

Canada is fucked up for cars (don't know in the US), new cars rules are federal, but used cars are provincial. They could force a car to have an option that was legally not present (like a third brake light or clutch startup switch) if you need it inspected to be plated (we don't do regular inspections, but it needs to be inspected when coming from another province).