Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Proper Lugs for stock wheels

Evoryne

Hey everyone, I finally made it to my first autocross this weekend and had a blast. While my car was getting inspected the tech guy mentioned the lugs I have on my stock wheels are not the correct shape and I will end up damaging my wheels. The lugs I have are have are the following. Does anyone have experience with these? Will they actually damage my wheels?

Thanks for any advice. B1F4A125-AF9F-4259-88FE-0D15A31B2CAB.png

Last edited:
At work when a customer buys a set of wheels depending on the brand they come with those lug nuts..

Same exact pattern and they come with that socket too.

That's for a Mazda BT50 though but I can't see how they would ever damage your wheels...

The stock Ford lug nuts are absolutely crap IMO. The hexagons are hollow and very weak.

The only way they can damage your wheels is if that tapered part that presses against the wheel is the wrong shape.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Tuna

Your stock nuts and your after market nuts should both have the same taper. There is no possible way the after market nuts will damage your wheels. If anything you've done yourself a favor by dumping the OEM nuts which will bulge on you. I don't agree with your tech.