Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quicky SEALIGHT S1 H11 (lowbeam) LED review

Got these on Amazon for $40

SEALIGHT
H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit, DOT Approved, SEALIGHT S1 Series 12x CSP Chips Low Beam/Fog Light Bulb- 6000LM 6000K Xenon White

These are fanless and fit with room to spare. DOT approved caught my eye. Not sure if that is legit but they do have a nice cut off. They lined up on my garage door just like the stock halogens.

Notice they are placing the diodes in the same location as the halogen filaments.

They are a nice white, not blue. A very noticeable difference driving. No one has flashed me.

IMG_20180718_181048.jpg
Halogen yellow

IMG_20180718_181056.jpg
Yes it's on it's just white

IMG_20180718_211946.jpg
Color difference with the stock halogen highbeams.

Now I gotta do the highbeams.

hth

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
DOT – The United States Department of Transportation is responsible for the issuance of safety standards like the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 (FMVSS-108), which applies to lighting.

There is a great deal of confusion regarding lighting regulations in the industry. One common mistake is using the term "DOT approved." The United States Department of Transportation is not an approval agency and will not approve products. In the past, USDOT has sternly warned manufacturers that claim that their products are "DOT approved;" the correct language is "DOT compliant."

In the US and Canada, lighting products are certified by the lighting manufacturer as compliant, and unless the certification is "clearly erroneous," the certification will stand. The reputable manufacturer will state that its products are "designed to conform" to the elements of the FMVSS-108 requirements.

From https://www.truck-lite.com/content/news/sae-vs-dot-truth-about-lighting-regulations

Plainly stated if it does not say it is FMVSS-108 compliant it is NOT DOT compliant. And if it says "DOT APPROVED" it is a lie and probably illegal in all states.

how is the glare from the side?

I recall a brand that looks amazing from the front but man from the side, its a death beam.

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
Plainly stated if it does not say it is FMVSS-108 compliant it is NOT DOT compliant. And if it says "DOT APPROVED" it is a lie and probably illegal in all states.
Yeah suspected it was just BS marketing

danbfree

3000 Post Club
What year is your car? My '17 has this crappy little tri-pod thing that holds a little metal plate in front of the bulb tip and even 100% stock it causes strange scatter, ugh... I had to get the tiny tip OedRo LED's and the bulbs are great but all bulbs scatter on mine, so weird!

In your pic, this area on mine seems all cheap and not clean at all!

zanethan

Pics of the cutoff and beam pattern?

I'm skeptical of any bulb type other than a halogen in a halogen housing. While you haven't been flashed yet that doesn't mean they aren't blinding oncoming traffic. That being said I'm interested to see pics before any final conclusions.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Pics of the cutoff and beam pattern?

I'm skeptical of any bulb type other than a halogen in a halogen housing. While you haven't been flashed yet that doesn't mean they aren't blinding oncoming traffic. That being said I'm interested to see pics before any final conclusions.
That's why it's important to use bulbs that mimic the halogen filament area perfectly, which they have now... You can see my review of the oEdRo 4-sided LED's in another recent thread, but this photo is part oh their marketing... Unfortunately I bent the tip cover thing on my passenger side so it causes some distortion, but it seems like even stock halogen don't have very even lighting in the non-Euro/reflector housings...

Pic that shows how close the LED's and filaments are on my oEdRo's

KKaWing

Why is one set of the csp chips lower in one side than another? The design doesn't make sense if it is supposed to imitate a filament...

zanethan

That's why it's important to use bulbs that mimic the halogen filament area perfectly, which they have now... You can see my review of the oEdRo 4-sided LED's in another recent thread, but this photo is part oh their marketing... Unfortunately I bent the tip cover thing on my passenger side so it causes some distortion, but it seems like even stock halogen don't have very even lighting in the non-Euro/reflector housings...

Pic that shows how close the LED's and filaments are on my oEdRo's
I saw your post too and those are intriguing to me. Just waiting on some others to chime in before taking the plunge. If I could get them for $28 like you I'd be all over those though.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Why is one set of the csp chips lower in one side than another? The design doesn't make sense if it is supposed to imitate a filament...
Are you talking mine or this threads bulbs? The ones I posted are 4 sided, so to have more complete coverage that way, as a halogen will produce light up and down it's length while LED's are so focused they intentionally use different spots on each side to get more length and width of light throw to mimic halogen bulbs length of output... check out the full photos on the Amazon post and see for yourself and check out and post on the other thread so we don't hi-jack this ones review... Thanks for the input, always good to discuss!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I saw your post too and those are intriguing to me. Just waiting on some others to chime in before taking the plunge. If I could get them for $28 like you I'd be all over those though.
I just hate the stupid tip bucket that screws up the light pattern no matter bulb I put in... even when brand new before I bent the passenger side they factory light pattern sucked... I still don't know how people installed these full length fat tiped bulbs without completely removing their headlights, people are posting on the FB groups too with them, I'd personally consider THESE or THESE too with their small tips that will install really easily.

KKaWing

Are you talking mine or this threads bulbs? The ones I posted are 4 sided, so to have more complete coverage that way, as a halogen will produce light up and down it's length while LED's are so focused they intentionally use different spots on each side to get more length and width of light throw to mimic halogen bulbs length of output... check out the full photos on the Amazon post and see for yourself and check out and post on the other thread so we don't hi-jack this ones review... Thanks for the input, always good to discuss!
Yours, the 4 sided ones. A halogen bulb doesn't generate light "up and down" the entire length though. The light source is just the filament and 2 of the sides on the led bulb are not where the filament should be.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yours, the 4 sided ones. A halogen bulb doesn't generate light "up and down" the entire length though. The light source is just the filament and 2 of the sides on the led bulb are not where the filament should be.
Well, they are designed to work in reflector and projector housing's by design and the picture shows this design... which after using literally 6 different kinds of LED's they absolutely throw the clearest and furthest of any by far...

OP
F
Thread Starter #15
What year is your car? My '17 has this crappy little tri-pod thing that holds a little metal plate in front of the bulb tip and even 100% stock it causes strange scatter, ugh... I had to get the tiny tip OedRo LED's and the bulbs are great but all bulbs scatter on mine, so weird!
I have a 2016. No 'tripod' holding that cap, mine has a single post that runs underneath the bulb.

I have a pic but for some reason have no options to post a pic here, hmmm.

I will take some cutoff pics tonight for those who asked. Hopefully I can post them.

KKaWing

I have a 2016. No 'tripod' holding that cap, mine has a single post that runs underneath the bulb.

I will take some cutoff pics tonight for those who asked. Hopefully I can post them.
2015 here and have the "single post" as well, don't know if there's enough room to pull it out but it's only held on by a single torx screw.

danbfree

3000 Post Club

2015 here and have the "single post" as well, don't know if there's enough room to pull it out but it's only held on by a single torx screw.
Yes, old info, sorry I haven't updated: Yes, single post thing with Ford logo on it and I've managed to bend mine, is what happened... I wonder if it truly could be removed or would need to stay.

OP
F
Thread Starter #18
IMG_20180719_125918a.jpg
2016 looks like this.
Seems like an odd thing to change.
I watched mine from the front as I pushed the LED thru just to be sure it did not mess it up.

OP
F
Thread Starter #19
IMG_20180720_001314.jpg
LED low beam pattern

IMG_20180720_001615.jpg
LED low beam

IMG_20180720_001624.jpg
LED low beam and halogen high beam

IMG_20180720_001715.jpg
LED low beam

IMG_20180720_001724.jpg

Lots of unlit roads out here in the sticks

View attachment 18025
LED low beam pattern

View attachment 18026
LED low beam

View attachment 18027

View attachment 18024
LED low beam

View attachment 18028

Lots of unlit roads out here in the sticks
The beam pattern looks pretty solid! How long have they been installed?

Have you experienced any disruption in FM radio reception since installation?