Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Racing this weekend, rear caliper piston gave up on life.

CanuckFiST

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice. I am booked in to race this coming weekend and when I was swapping out the rear brake pads the piston just refuses to go back in.

I've read that this is fairly common but now that I'm looking for a replacement caliper I'm finding out that the OEM calipers are unobtanium in Canada.

Rock Auto says they could get it to me by Friday but I have my doubts. Ford dealership told me to buy a Mustang, jk.

Any advice? Rebuild the caliper?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice. I am booked in to race this coming weekend and when I was swapping out the rear brake pads the piston just refuses to go back in.

I've read that this is fairly common but now that I'm looking for a replacement caliper I'm finding out that the OEM calipers are unobtanium in Canada.

Rock Auto says they could get it to me by Friday but I have my doubts. Ford dealership told me to buy a Mustang, jk.

Any advice? Rebuild the caliper?
Were you pushing it straight in or turning it? You have to turn the piston to get it to go back into the caliper.

OP
C

CanuckFiST

Thread Starter #3
Were you pushing it straight in or turning it? You have to turn the piston to get it to go back into the caliper.
Thanks Jabbit, definitely turning. I think that I overextended the piston from burning down the rear pads at the track and it just won't reseat on the threads.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thanks Jabbit, definitely turning. I think that I overextended the piston from burning down the rear pads at the track and it just won't reseat on the threads.
Haven't heard of that but I suppose it's possible. I have decent rear calipers I could sell you but I don't know how quickly you'd get them.