Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RAMAIR crossover pipe installed - results inside!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
been tough keeping these in stock, but they are IN STOCK!

jeff

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION]...

or someone else who has one sitting around uninstalled...

Can you please measure the inside diameter of this product and report back? Heck a picture with calipers or a tape measure would be really fantastic.

Thanks!

DangerMouse

I will have mine back from powder coat in a week or so.

I did have to purchase a 2.75" to 2.5" 45 deg. silicone coupler for it if that helps you at all. Coupler fits good but I haven't tried it in the car yet.

I'll be connecting it to the MAP intake.

felopr

The ID measurements of the crossover pipe is the same as the ID of the silicone hoses, if that helps

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Ron, sense your site states that "The Ramair Crossover Turbo Intake Hard Pipe has been designed to replace the standard OEM plastic turbo intake pipe on the Ford Fiesta ST".
Then this pipe should fit with Montune air box (with OEM cover), PumaSpeed silicone intake tube and turbo inlet tube ( I think made by Ramair), is that correct?
Does it still come in a black wrinkle powder coat?
Is it still free shipping?

My birthday is coming up so this may be a gift (it is on my wish list).
Or I may need to wait for your next sale.

BTW, the link at the end of your first post of this thread no longer works.

Dave

Last edited:
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #31
Ron, sense your site states that "The Ramair Crossover Turbo Intake Hard Pipe has been designed to replace the standard OEM plastic turbo intake pipe on the Ford Fiesta ST".
Then this pipe should fit with Montune air box (with OEM cover), PumaSpeed silicone intake tube and turbo inlet tube ( I think made by Ramair), is that correct?
Does it still come in a black wrinkle powder coat?
Is it still free shipping?

My birthday is coming up so this may be a gift (it is on my wish list).
Or I may need to wait for your next sale.

BTW, the link at the end of your first post of this thread no longer works.

Dave
hey Dave
I'm not sure where you are reading that
Here is the product description

This pipe has been revised by RAMAIR....fitment has been confirmed on US models with no issues 1/1/2018

The Ramair Crossover Turbo Intake Hard Pipe has been designed to replace the standard OEM plastic turbo intake pipe on the Ford Fiesta ST

The pipe is constructed to provide a constant 70mm radius reducing restriction throughout the intake tract, right back to the turbo inlet.

The pipe has a laser cut, tig welded bracket allowing you to utilize the standard intake pipe mounting point, it also also has CNC- machined connection for the factory re-circulation hose (breather)

The pipe is supplied with high quality Stainless Steel W2 hose clamps and silicone reducer(coupler) to connect to the turbo inlet.

The hose is made from ultra-lightweight aluminium and is bent as a single piece meaning there’s no unsightly welds or joints.
Available in Black Wrinkle finish ONLY

The price is very competitive with the forum discount bit shipping is added since I use USPS Priority Mail or UPS with Uline high quality packaging which is not cheap or free and you get this in a few days
I have corrected the link in the first post / not sure what happened to it - thank you

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
hey Dave
I'm not sure where you are reading that
Here is the product description

This pipe has been revised by RAMAIR....fitment has been confirmed on US models with no issues 1/1/2018

The Ramair Crossover Turbo Intake Hard Pipe has been designed to replace the standard OEM plastic turbo intake pipe on the Ford Fiesta ST

The pipe is constructed to provide a constant 70mm radius reducing restriction throughout the intake tract, right back to the turbo inlet.

The pipe has a laser cut, tig welded bracket allowing you to utilize the standard intake pipe mounting point, it also also has CNC- machined connection for the factory re-circulation hose (breather)

The pipe is supplied with high quality Stainless Steel W2 hose clamps and silicone reducer(coupler) to connect to the turbo inlet.

The hose is made from ultra-lightweight aluminium and is bent as a single piece meaning there’s no unsightly welds or joints.
Available in Black Wrinkle finish ONLY

The price is very competitive with the forum discount bit shipping is added since I use USPS Priority Mail or UPS with Uline high quality packaging which is not cheap or free and you get this in a few days
I have corrected the link in the first post / not sure what happened to it - thank you
Thank you , questions answered.
Your price is very good, I am just on a strict budget (SSI doesn't go very far).

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Ron, what's up, my part is not here yet.
Everyone says you ship fast.
I placed the order 10 minutes ago. [wink]

Dave

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #34
Ron, what's up, my part is not here yet.
Everyone says you ship fast.
I placed the order 10 minutes ago. [wink]

Dave
USPS 2-day

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Installed one of the RAMAIR crossover pipes for the Fiesta ST180 today on the shop car.

I'm pleased to say the breather hose "clicked" into place
the fitment of the bracket, overall length, etc was better than I expected after the numerous issues posted about this pipe. The only real issue that the "old version" had prior to the update from RAMAIR was the black wrinkle powder coating needed machined from the breather connector on the inside and outside of the pipe for the OEM hose to snap into place correctly. The pics show the bare aluminum finish in this area now.

Other than that. This affordable crossover pipe is a huge improvement over stock in terms of size and contour.
I won't for a second tell you there is 10-20 HP to gain here but we are going to send Jason @ Dizzy tuning a RAMAIR pipe to test the true improvement over stock at his next dyno appointment.

Very happy with the fitment and price point on this crossover compared to other units out there that are steel and aren't shaped correctly which make fitting a nightmare.

Take a look at the pics and let me know if you have any questions.
These RAMAIR crossover pipes are available on the site, as well as the well as the whoosh silicone induction hose pictured
To complete your induction set up, take a look at the ST200 airbox and RAMAIR performance panel filter installed (my current set up)

link to RAMAIR crossover pipe on the site:
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/ramair-ford-fiesta-st-2014-2017-crossover-pipe-kit

Hey Ron...If I were to utilize this pipe would I need a New Turbine inlet silicone adapter to fir this pipe to a Big Turbo like a Garrett?[scratch]

One more things does the engine cover still fit after application?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #40
Hey Ron...If I were to utilize this pipe would I need a New Turbine inlet silicone adapter to fir this pipe to a Big Turbo like a Garrett?[scratch]

One more things does the engine cover still fit after application?
if the hose for your big turbo kit is 2.75" at the crossover pipe connection it will fit
and yes the engine cover fits 100% like OEM with the RAMAIR pipe fitted