Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear brake ate itself

So one of my rear brakes at itself, it isn't stuck on and the wheel rotates freely. The other has over half the pad left too. What commonly available pads should I replace them with? I need something available soon heh, but I do autox the car. It's got SVT rotors on the back if that changes anything IMG_20191231_194713_144.jpg IMG_20191231_194714_389.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If it was me id just get some pads from the Local Vatozone...Oreallys or CrapaNapa. Then I would get a nice set coming. The Hardware will need to be checked to see if its seized into the caliper or the piston no longer fully operates properly. Use high temp synthetic brake grease during install...Good stuff....not $3 dollar a bottle stuff.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Check your slide pins. And the pad slides themselves. Its probably caught and dragging eveer so slightly.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I would pull the pins, clean and relube them and the slides themselves. I use Permatex.

https://www.permatex.com/products/l...licone-ceramic-extreme-brake-parts-lubricant/

For pads: since you autox: at minimum I would use OEM pads or something grippier. The local autozone special will work in a pinch if you cant snag OEM's quickly.

Bleeding your brake lines might be a good idea as well.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
^ this is true. I like my red stuffs. But i miss the bite. I do need a full brake flush.

OP
Sakel
Thread Starter #7
I may do the cheap option for now and swap them later, I have big rotors already on the back so it shouldn't be too awful

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Found this at the local Vatozone

On the cheap and getting cheaper it looks like....Yay!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk