Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear break won’t compress.

So I was changing out my rear breaks and one side won’t compress. It stuck closed. That break has been rubbing while driving. Do I need a new caliper? Anybody know the part #? Or could it be something else?

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
OP
F
Thread Starter #3
You need a special tool that screws the piston into the rotor. Watch the video below they explain it fairly well.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EpbklSjrpsU

https://www.harborfreight.com/disc-brake-pad-and-caliper-service-tool-kit-11-piece-63264.html
Here’s the tool I bought to do it.
Thank you sorry I should have stated I have one. I got the other side screwed in fine. On this side I screw it and it doesn’t move

CSM

1000 Post Club
So I was changing out my rear breaks and one side won’t compress. It stuck closed. That break has been rubbing while driving. Do I need a new caliper? Anybody know the part #? Or could it be something else?
IIRC, the rear calipers are very cheap on these cars. If it were me I'd just get a new caliper vs. rebuilding, although a rebuild kit is very cheap too

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
IIRC, the rear calipers are very cheap on these cars. If it were me I'd just get a new caliper vs. rebuilding, although a rebuild kit is very cheap too
Thanks CSM I’ll probably do that. We’re do you recommend purchasing new calipers? I’ve had a hard time finding the right ones

the duke

Bin it and order a whole new caliper. Replace the slide pins and grommets on all corners as well to just get that out of the way.

Use caliper specific grease