Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear Sway Bar — Testing?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I would increase the front grip first as much as possible, set camber and tire pressures for even temps while hard cornering is one way to evaluate... but a large RSB certainly helps with that (sort of like boosting the spring rate in the rear outside wheel in a turn provides more pressure for the front inside wheel in that turn)
Already have a pierce 6 point front brace, it needs replacement after i hit a chunk of concrete. I plan to step down to a 4 point. Get poly front sway bushings as well.

OP
A
Thread Starter #22
When I experienced it, it was much more of a snap oversteer situation- it rotated nicely, especially around constant radius turns, but the setup I had was sketchy in slaloms- everything felt fine, and the next thing you know, you get a great view of the cone you just passed.
Swift springs you "probably" have are very stiff in the back... 172F/137R is OEM, 212F/212R is Swift. Wheel rates are a little less, but you get the picture, no torsion bar or swaybar needed there IMHO

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I want more rotation like that. Its my driving style.
This makes two of us. I can’t get it to rotate on the track- short of a Scandinavian flick, and everybody is talking about how easily the FiST oversteers. Hence the sway bar. And, I removed the front underbrace. So, we’ll see....

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Whats your rear tire pressure at? I ran with higher rear pressure all stock and it would swing pretty well. With all the stability systems off. I start turning the wheel them give the brakes a quick stomp and release once the nose is already turning in to the apex. Its a weird motion. But youre intentionally upsetting the chassis. You only need like a quick half travel push on the brake pedal. Id say find a lot and get some practice with the car pitching like that. All it takes is seat time. Id also say toss the front brace back on.

I also want to add that lowering the car, and widening the rear track with a 5mm spacer made it mote resistant to rotation.
Running 16x7 20 offset old mustang wheels made it VERY stable and i had to push it really hard to get rotation. Even on old all seasons. Which was a real eye opener to me.

Last edited:

Erick_V

I want more rotation like that. Its my driving style.
I plan to either run ksport colivers or b6 dampers and whiteline springs. Havent really decided
I’m on BC Coils and I have the rear coils set pretty stiff when I autocross and it gets a little on the snappy side, I like it that way too. I was running the Falken 615k (not the +) at closer to 40psi front and 37ish on the rear. Really liked how the car felt but I’m saving for a 16x8 dekagran setup and stiffer swift springs now. I only have a 2pt front and the rear torsion brace. My coils are standard BC Coils with 5k front and 3k rears. If you go the BC route I would spring the extra money and get the swift springs, too soft for my taste

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I’m on BC Coils and I have the rear coils set pretty stiff when I autocross and it gets a little on the snappy side, I like it that way too. I was running the Falken 615k (not the +) at closer to 40psi front and 37ish on the rear. Really liked how the car felt but I’m saving for a 16x8 dekagran setup and stiffer swift springs now. I only have a 2pt front and the rear torsion brace. My coils are standard BC Coils with 5k front and 3k rears. If you go the BC route I would spring the extra money and get the swift springs, too soft for my taste
Shes a dual purpose street car honestly. Id probably keep the stock rates so that way im not rattling myself sore.

Erick_V

Shes a dual purpose street car honestly. Id probably keep the stock rates so that way im not rattling myself sore.
Same for me. I daily my car and it rides softer than stock, which is a good thing for the 99% of the time I drive it but I feel like the lower spring rates are holding me back. I don’t feel like I would be sacrificing much ride quality if I were to run 7k front/ 5-6k rear. My exhaust andmotor mounts transmit more NVH than the coils