Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear View Mirror Dashcam

SrsBsns

I've been playing with the idea of installing a dashcam. A couple of weeks ago, I was in my uncle's truck and he had this one installed:

1656091534838.png

It's really good looking in the car. The live rear view is sharp and gives you a much better, much wider field of view than the standard mirror. Using it as a backup camera is also great. It's normally pretty easy for me to back up into spots, but when I have my dog in the car, she likes to stand on the armrest while I'm reversing which means I can't see shit behind me.

Anyone running one of these? I was thinking about eventually upgrading my '15 to the newer version of Sync so that I could install a PnP backup camera, but this seems like a far easier option and has the front and rear dashcam which I really like.

Just looking for feedback on this one or this style as well as any install ideas. Not sure where the rear camera would mount. I'm sure I could remove one of the license plate lights but I'm not sure if that's legal.

Thanks.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've been playing with the idea of installing a dashcam. A couple of weeks ago, I was in my uncle's truck and he had this one installed:

View attachment 49501

It's really good looking in the car. The live rear view is sharp and gives you a much better, much wider field of view than the standard mirror. Using it as a backup camera is also great. It's normally pretty easy for me to back up into spots, but when I have my dog in the car, she likes to stand on the armrest while I'm reversing which means I can't see shit behind me.

Anyone running one of these? I was thinking about eventually upgrading my '15 to the newer version of Sync so that I could install a PnP backup camera, but this seems like a far easier option and has the front and rear dashcam which I really like.

Just looking for feedback on this one or this style as well as any install ideas. Not sure where the rear camera would mount. I'm sure I could remove one of the license plate lights but I'm not sure if that's legal.

Thanks.
We had those at Autozone when I was there* they never sold and were cleranced out for like $20 if it helps any. If your looking into That type of system....go to

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/colle...KA-gVaGRERXyHHcPvHzUYXFLu5_KK8WBoCuFQQAvD_BwE

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

I'm running another brand but yeah I love it. Great for Mexico runs and just a safe feature to have now days. The screws are tiny for the rear view camera so I just snugged them to the headliner. They just slightly go into the padding and aren't noticeable if you remove it. I tapped into the reverse light for the trigger for backup.

Here is some video before my tranny went to crap. After this Jason informed me I had a boost leak. He added more boost but not getting anymore. Finally got the leak situation and man she felt good but the tranny started making noise. I do have a good video of that as well. The Evo in the video is a beast as well as the built turbo brz. The Evo actually blew all 4 tires off the rims recently vs a procharged vett. This camera has GPS antenna and some pretty cool features.
View: https://youtu.be/f8VWQ6Ou17Q