Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recaro seat cracking!

OP
BrokenSVT
Thread Starter #23
Boy. That looks totalled. I'd cut my losses if i were you.
It's less a wreck than you. Troll elsewhere.

Again, having paid $2k specifically for these seats, I expect much more longevity out of a panel of vinyl in a NON-WEAR area.

It's less a wreck than you. Troll elsewhere.

Again, having paid $2k specifically for these seats, I expect much more longevity out of a panel of vinyl in a NON-WEAR area.
You're the one being as asshole to people trying to help you out in this post. Just following your lead.

OP
BrokenSVT
Thread Starter #26
You're the one being as asshole to people trying to help you out in this post. Just following your lead.
You're only the second I've responded to in an asshole-ish manner, and rightfully so. I don't need to tell folks my ingress/egress routine to explain away undue wear.

LeonardSkeonard said:
I still don't understand the point of this thread. Take it to the dealership and quit trolling.
I don't understand the point of your response, if you lack understanding of the subject at hand. Frankly, I don't think you know what "trolling" means, either. At least not in context.

There, I was an asshole to three people now.

I've been in touch with a local upholstery shop at this point. The owner agrees that the choice of material in concert with the position of the plastic trim was a horrible combination. If ford chooses to not fix or replace the seat bottom, I'll be repairing it properly.

A troll creates a thread asking for other users' opinions on whether or not the stealership will fix a given issue, then attacks those who respond. A week later you still have not taken the vehicle to Ford, but have had the time to take it to an upholstery shop for advice.

Take it in to the dealership, and let us know how Ford responds. There was no need to create a click-bait thread with no useful information.

Just for the record: I have 31k miles on my FiST with Recaros, with no visible wear and tear. I'm 6'2", 200 lbs.

OP
BrokenSVT
Thread Starter #30
Actually, I posted it in the Warranty/Service section to solicit the opinion of Ford Customer Service, not to receive your opinion of my posting habits. I give you a C- in trolling.

Automotive Munchausen.

Not a warranty item, you created it, just like interior scratches etc...

DvC

this thread makes me happy i have the shitty seats. when i look at pictures of cars with them tho i wish otherwise

Actually, I posted it in the Warranty/Service section to solicit the opinion of Ford Customer Service, not to receive your opinion of my posting habits. I give you a C- in trolling.
Hey BrokenSVT,

Have you had a chance to schedule an appointment with your Ford Dealer to have this diagnosed? What's the current mileage on your ST?

Nick

OP
BrokenSVT
Thread Starter #34
Hey BrokenSVT,

Have you had a chance to schedule an appointment with your Ford Dealer to have this diagnosed? What's the current mileage on your ST?

Nick
Hi Nick! I haven't had an opportunity to schedule service, as I work six days a week every week. I still need to have the HVAC blend door actuator replaced, so I could have them check this out simultaneously. I just need to find the time. The closest dealership is far away.

I just rolled over 21k.

You could always treat the leather with some product regularly, mothers makes great leather care products, there are a million options out there. This would help keep the leather supple and likely pause any further cracking in the area, as well as any other areas soon to show wear.

Hope your date with the dealer works out in your favor.

Hi Nick! I haven't had an opportunity to schedule service, as I work six days a week every week. I still need to have the HVAC blend door actuator replaced, so I could have them check this out simultaneously. I just need to find the time. The closest dealership is far away.

I just rolled over 21k.
Thanks for letting me know. Once you've scheduled an appointment, please send over a PM with your name, VIN, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll look over some resources on my end to see how I can assist.

Nick