Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recommendation on a good scan tool?

Looking for a scan tool, Something that can do more than read error codes. I'm looking for something that can do the re-learn procedures, read various other modules, etc. I have a 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, 2005 Nissan Frontier, and A 2024 Subaru Outback (actually still waiting on that, its on order at the dealer). I assume Ill have a 2016+ F150 in the next year or so as well. Looking to get something that would be useful across the above vehicles. Obviously spending less money is better, but I don't mind spending a few hundred bucks if it can help me avoid sending a car to the shop. Any insight here?

I use an obdlink mx+ for datalogging and track data. I'm not sure if it has the other features you are looking for but it's been treating me well.

Dialcaliper

It won’t help with the Subaru or the Nissan, but the combination of a Cobb and OBDLink/vLinker and Forscan on a laptop is pretty powerful. (Forscan will do almost everything a dealer diagnostic tool will do)

I know there are similar software for Alfa/Fiat (AlfaOBD) and BMW (bimmercode)

There are also generic OBD scanner apps for laptop and iOS/Android phones/tablets that will work for any OBD2+ car. Here’s a list

https://www.obdlink.com/mxp/apps/

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Xtool on slamazon. My boss, an ex-ASE mech, bought their D9 pro. I used it on both my cars. $1,100 on sale. The next step down, D8BT $650 is good, but the 9 does ECU programming, reads newer DoIP networks. Comes with 3 years of updates. And there's the rub. You CAN let it run out and only update when you buy a new car, but it's $400 per year. That's 1/3 the cost of a new one that has the 3 years included. Might was well buy the newer model available each time you get a newer car...and sell the old one cheap. lol
Amazon.com: XTOOL D9 PRO Diagnostic Tool [2023 New Upgraded], Topology Map, ECU Programming & Coding, Bi-Directional & Full Diagnostic, Key Programming, 42+ Services, DoIP & CAN FD, Upgraded D9/D8BT/D8 : Automotive