Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OBD2 Scanner Recommendation

I'm currently looking for a good OBD2 scanner and before I took the plunge and buy an overpriced one I thought I would ask if any of you had any good recommendations for the functionality I'm looking for.

1. I need this OBD2 to help me troubleshoot an ABS and a traction control warning light on the dash. The scanner will need to be capable of providing real time data on the components that may be triggering these two lights.
2. I also had the check engine light go off so being able to read, troubleshoot and clear the code are required things.
3. Last but not least, is Forscan a thing with these cars? I used to have a Fusion and a Mustang and Forscan was actually very useful. Is it worth it on the Fiestas? I would be willing to get a separate, cheaper OBD2 scanner for this too. I know you need one with the switch to be able to work with Forscan.

That being said, do you guys have any recommendations on cheap, yet good value scanners? The top two items are required, the 3rd one would be nice to have but not mandatory at all.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I then use Torque for Android to read codes and it works with Forscan also. I have a Sears Craftsman code reader that reads all 3, engine codes, ABS codes and SRS codes but I never use it. 99% of the time I just use what I posted above.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
I then use Torque for Android to read codes and it works with Forscan also. I have a Sears Craftsman code reader that reads all 3, engine codes, ABS codes and SRS codes but I never use it. 99% of the time I just use what I posted above.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That ones looks like a solid choice plus it is $30 cheaper than the Bluedriver one I was looking at while still doing the same things.