Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Replacing one Bridgestone Potenza OEM summer tire

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The old Man is always being a jerk. I know so many people who have mismatched tires, not everyone has money like that. Also most fleet vehicles have mismatched tires. Many rental cars have mismatched tires. Life goes on.

Nothing more than a jerk, and all of you know it. "Tire" this is American not "tyre" jerk. Beyond sick of your attitude.

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The old Man is always being a jerk. I know so many people who have mismatched tires, not everyone has money like that. Also most fleet vehicles have mismatched tires. Many rental cars have mismatched tires. Life goes on.

Nothing more than a jerk, and all of you know it. "Tire" this is American not "tyre" jerk. Beyond sick of your attitude.
You do NOT know me! As I said before, the younger know it all's think they know everything. You have so much to learn when you grow up! I would love you to prove what you've stated, but I doubt that you can!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You do NOT know me! As I said before, the younger know it all's think they know everything. You have so much to learn when you grow up! I would love you to prove what you've stated, but I doubt that you can!
I don't want to know you. You are beyond rude. Prove what? I drive a fleet truck. I have 3 different tires on my truck currently. There are used tire stores everywhere. What is there to prove?

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't want to know you. You are beyond rude. Prove what? I drive a fleet truck. I have 3 different tires on my truck currently.
Me rude? You don't know me pal! Doesn't say much for the company you work for bragging that you have mismatched tyres on your truck. They obviously don't care too much about your life, do they?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Me rude? You don't know me pal! Doesn't say much for the company you work for bragging that you have mismatched tyres on your truck. They obviously don't care too much about your life, do they?
Not everyone is terrified of their own shadow like you. You know very little about fleet vehicles. I have a flat tire boss. Okay cool we will buy you 6 new tires. Yeah right. Not how the world works. I had a rental car with 3 new tires on it. Yeah 3 new tires. They only care about money. That is American, money makes the rules. Asking anyone who drives a fleet vehicle if they get a new set of tires after one becomes damaged.

Last edited:
You must be one of the younger ones who think they know everything! Northern Virginia eh?
Your reference to my location is supposed to do what? Scare me? Your reference to an assumption on my age is erroneous and idiotic. Referencing another guy's employment above is also stupid. I can't tell if you're trying to intimidate with your keyboard warrior skills.

Your position on this matter is also idiotic. If you track your car, then matching tires is more important, as you're pushing the tires to their designed limits. But, at the click us track guys go through tires, even that is not always possible; its a give and take . . . cost versus performance. Everything is a trade off.

On the street, the idea that you "must" have matching brand tires is lame and mostly propagated by folks trying to sell tires. It's like trying to say that your rear brake pads have to be changed out when your front pads expire.

Do my tires match in brand and model on my daily driver? Yes, but I wouldn't pay through the nose to make that happen. Matching tire size and tw rating is going to be more important.

Go ahead with another stupid response. Each one gets more goofy.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Your reference to my location is supposed to do what? Scare me? Your reference to an assumption on my age is erroneous and idiotic. Referencing another guy's employment above is also stupid. I can't tell if you're trying to intimidate with your keyboard warrior skills.

Your position on this matter is also idiotic. If you track your car, then matching tires is more important, as you're pushing the tires to their designed limits. But, at the click us track guys go through tires, even that is not always possible; its a give and take . . . cost versus performance. Everything is a trade off.

On the street, the idea that you "must" have matching brand tires is lame and mostly propagated by folks trying to sell tires. It's like trying to say that your rear brake pads have to be changed out when your front pads expire.

Do my tires match in brand and model on my daily driver? Yes, but I wouldn't pay through the nose to make that happen. Matching tire size and tw rating is going to be more important.

Go ahead with another stupid response. Each one gets more goofy.
Your last sentence covers you perfectly!

OP
M
Thread Starter #28
I think I've come to the following conclusion and would like input from you guys. I'll buy two new Advan Fleva V701's to put on the back axle and keep running the two OEM Bridgestone's on the front. I'll still have one extra Bridgestone in case I wreck one of them. I can't imagine a mid-60s guy living in metro Detroit (with virtually no winding roads nearby) is going to push the car hard enough that I'll notice a large difference in handling. Please chime in if you agree or disagree. Thanks

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I think I've come to the following conclusion and would like input from you guys. I'll buy two new Advan Fleva V701's to put on the back axle and keep running the two OEM Bridgestone's on the front. I'll still have one extra Bridgestone in case I wreck one of them. I can't imagine a mid-60s guy living in metro Detroit (with virtually no winding roads nearby) is going to push the car hard enough that I'll notice a large difference in handling. Please chime in if you agree or disagree. Thanks
Good plan, thatā€™ll work well

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Yup that should be ok.

OP
M
Thread Starter #32
Thanks for all your help, this should be my final question. Is there any reason to think the Advan Fleva V701 will be discontinued in the relatively near future? If I wreck one of those I'd like to be able to replace it, at least in the next 5 years or so. this is a picture of the nail in my tire. 1/2 inch one way and it doesn't puncture my tire. 1/2 inch or so the other way the tire could be patched. That's the way the ball bounces sometimes IMG_20230926_151044160_HDR.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yok replaced the original Fleva with that model not too long ago, so it will most likely be available for at least a couple of years from now.

Hard to say (the way automotive stuff/parts are discontinued on a daily basis) whether or not it will be around FIVE full years from now, though. [:(]

Sometimes, even if Tire Rack (which DOES seem to instantly axe any/all tires, or wheels, and/or sizes which do not literally FLY off of their racking/shelves! [mad]) does not carry them anymore, Discount Tire might still either stock them, or be able to get them. [wink]

Dialcaliper

Thanks for all your help, this should be my final question. Is there any reason to think the Advan Fleva V701 will be discontinued in the relatively near future? If I wreck one of those I'd like to be able to replace it, at least in the next 5 years or so. this is a picture of the nail in my tire. 1/2 inch one way and it doesn't puncture my tire. 1/2 inch or so the other way the tire could be patched. That's the way the ball bounces sometimes View attachment 58199
Yokohama, like Dunlop seems to have pretty long cycles for tire models. The V701 Fleva replaced the S.Drive relatively recently (2019), and the S.Drive was introduced way back in 2007. They changed the compound, but kept the tread pattern identical and slot into the same market segment (300TW UHP summer). I'd guess the V701 will be on the market for quite a few more years, and since it and the S.Drive are/were a pretty popular tire, even when the discontinue it, the replacement will probably be a fairly minor revision to make a good tire keep up with the technology that more or less slots in (you'd be fine to just replace just a pair or go for all four)

Last edited: