Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Battery died for a couple of days. No bass on stereo after replacing

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I have several cars so I went a very long time without using my Fiesta. Unfortunately the battery died while it was sitting, which sucks. After I replaced the battery, I went for a drive and noticed the stereo sounded super thin - I tried adjusting the EQ, full bass, scooped mids, middle treble - and there's just no bass. I have tried various tracks with acoustic/electric bass, electronic music, etc. and its like the entire bottom end is just missing. It's been a long time since I really used the FiST stereo so this might be normal for the FiST stereo, but it's really lacking big time. Just putting it out there - I don't expect a lot but this is baaaad. It's like when listening to tracks with electric bass, the bass guitar is just.... gone.

Is this normal for the FiST, or am I maybe missing something?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I have several cars so I went a very long time without using my Fiesta. Unfortunately the battery died while it was sitting, which sucks. After I replaced the battery, I went for a drive and noticed the stereo sounded super thin - I tried adjusting the EQ, full bass, scooped mids, middle treble - and there's just no bass. I have tried various tracks with acoustic/electric bass, electronic music, etc. and its like the entire bottom end is just missing. It's been a long time since I really used the FiST stereo so this might be normal for the FiST stereo, but it's really lacking big time. Just putting it out there - I don't expect a lot but this is baaaad. It's like when listening to tracks with electric bass, the bass guitar is just.... gone.

Is this normal for the FiST, or am I maybe missing something?
I don't think this is normal. My stereo is completely stock, and while the bass is mild, it is noticeable, and I certainly haven't noticed a complete lack of it.
How long did the car sit for the battery to die?

Last edited:
Is it possible a simple fuse blew? I would un plug the battery, check fuses, then re connect battery and see what happens. Ideally it should just work again if everything is in order.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
You might try a Sync 3 system reset. This is the quicker simpler one that shouldn't erase your data or cause you to have to re pair your phone-

SYNC 3 System Reset

The system has a System Reset feature that can be performed if the function of a SYNC 3 feature is lost. This reset is intended to restore functionality and will not erase any information previously stored in the system (such as paired devices, phonebook, call
history, text messages, or user settings). To perform a System Reset, press and hold the Seek Up (>>) button while pressing and holding the Radio Power button. After
approximately 5 seconds the screen will go black. Allow 1-2 minutes for the system reset to complete. You may then resume using the SYNC system.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Once resolved, use Forscan to remove their signal processing. It sound better without it. I'm still almost full bass, very little mids and moderate treb. It sounds cleaner, to ME.

Intuit

3000 Post Club

haste

1000 Post Club
I'm just disappointed you have several vehicles and the FiST is being neglected.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I'm just disappointed you have several vehicles and the FiST is being neglected.
I bought the FiST to keep miles off the other cars, but after a string of elbow surgeries its hard to drive a stick anymore :(

I was going to sell a while back but haven't had time. Still find it fun, but anything more than 30 minutes driving the FiST (in SoCal traffic) and my arm hurts for days. Sucks - already had to give up motorcycles (though I DO have an eye on the Honda DCT bikes, like the rebel 1100) and now I have to give up driving a stick. Might as well just get some self driving boring electric thingy.