Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Retrofitting Services?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #45
Remember, replicas are not permasealed like OEM, so instead of used OEM you maybe should keep recommending replicas... or wait, you're the retrofitter, what do you normally do?
I think cost effective wise. It makes more sense to buy a set of new replicas and have them shipped to me rather than the buyer versus shipping me your OEM headlamps, or add the cost of the headlamps to the main retrofit service charge and allow me to handle locating and sourcing the lights.

OEM quality will be better and easier to pass off as stock however for those states or inspection stations that care.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
OEM quality will be better and easier to pass off as stock however for those states or inspection stations that care.
Can't say I agree with you there, replicas look *exactly* like OEM and are used by body shops to keep costs down when the customer is in love with their car and doesn't want it totaled by using pricey OEM parts. They definitely fully meet all DOT and state standards.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #47
Can't say I agree with you there, replicas look *exactly* like OEM and are used by body shops to keep costs down when the customer is in love with their car and doesn't want it totaled by using pricey OEM parts. They definitely fully meet all DOT and state standards.
OEM headlights clearly state FORD on them. They have all the markings and a well done retrofit will appear stock.
Aftermarket replicas do not. That is what I meant.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
OEM headlights clearly state FORD on them. They have all the markings and a well done retrofit will appear stock.
Aftermarket replicas do not. That is what I meant.
I hear you, I think if anything they just look for the DOT compliance markings, they only do a quick OBD test for emissions where I live so I couldn't say for sure for places that have safety inspections... But that's also a great point, if they actually check your headlights for DOT compliance, any of the Euro's including OEM won't have it, so that is damn good reason to use US market headlights, either OEM or quality replica, to use for a retrofit.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #49
I hear you, I think if anything they just look for the DOT compliance markings, they only do a quick OBD test for emissions where I live so I couldn't say for sure for places that have safety inspections... But that's also a great point, if they actually check your headlights for DOT compliance, any of the Euro's including OEM won't have it, so that is damn good reason to use US market headlights, either OEM or quality replica, to use for a retrofit.
I’ve had a few shops raise an eyebrow at mine and I simply point them to the Ford and the compliance markings and it’s fine.
The higher quality retrofit stuff is DOT compliance anyway; so you’d be fine either way.